www.randyrhoads.tk
http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/

RAndy's QR Amps
http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6358
Page 1 of 1

Author:  codomeistro [ Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:47 am ]
Post subject:  RAndy's QR Amps

Was Randy ALWAYS using marshall amps? or did he have others before he got a marshall stack with ozzy?
Thanks

Author:  Rybones [ Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:07 am ]
Post subject: 

I believe he used some ampeg and peavy stuff.

Author:  Mod [ Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

He didn't own any Marshall amps before going to England with Ozzy.

Author:  codomeistro [ Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Des, you said randy didint own any marshall amps, yet at one of the shows at the whiskey, you can see Randys amp is a Marshall plexi head with a 2x12 stack sideways or something. Its a 500mb show in torrent form i got off the site Torrentspy. Maybe it was the house Amps? like a communal amp available for all bands?
IF he was in fact not using it, why would it be right on stage right beside him?

I'll try and get a program to screenshot the video playing on my media player, but for now, just download a 50 minute Quiet Riot vid of them playing the whiskey at Torrentspy.com.
Randys playing his PDV for gonna have a riot for all you pDV lovers, but uses his lespaul for everything else :D.

Author:  LoQ [ Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

codomeistro wrote:
Des, you said randy didint own any marshall amps, yet at one of the shows at the whiskey, you can see Randys amp is a Marshall plexi head with a 2x12 stack sideways or something. Its a 500mb show in torrent form i got off the site Torrentspy. Maybe it was the house Amps? like a communal amp available for all bands?
IF he was in fact not using it, why would it be right on stage right beside him?

I'll try and get a program to screenshot the video playing on my media player, but for now, just download a 50 minute Quiet Riot vid of them playing the whiskey at Torrentspy.com.
Randys playing his PDV for gonna have a riot for all you pDV lovers, but uses his lespaul for everything else :D.


I can't say how it was in the 70's, but during the 80's and 90's when my band would play at the whiskey on jam nights (around 15 bands would be booked for 20 minute sets using all house equiptment. So As soon as one band was done, the other would come on, plug in, and go) Marshall stacks for guitar and trace elliots for bass were the house equiptment. :wink:

Author:  kevinkyle46542 [ Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

LoQ wrote:
codomeistro wrote:
Des, you said randy didint own any marshall amps, yet at one of the shows at the whiskey, you can see Randys amp is a Marshall plexi head with a 2x12 stack sideways or something. Its a 500mb show in torrent form i got off the site Torrentspy. Maybe it was the house Amps? like a communal amp available for all bands?
IF he was in fact not using it, why would it be right on stage right beside him?

I'll try and get a program to screenshot the video playing on my media player, but for now, just download a 50 minute Quiet Riot vid of them playing the whiskey at Torrentspy.com.
Randys playing his PDV for gonna have a riot for all you pDV lovers, but uses his lespaul for everything else :D.


I can't say how it was in the 70's, but during the 80's and 90's when my band would play at the whiskey on jam nights (around 15 bands would be booked for 20 minute sets using all house equiptment. So As soon as one band was done, the other would come on, plug in, and go) Marshall stacks for guitar and trace elliots for bass were the house equiptment. :wink:



yea and they were the crappyiest marshalls in the world right from S.I.R.
studio instrument rentals for you non locals....for us S.I.R. ment sorry i rented!!

Author:  kevinkyle46542 [ Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

oh yea the topic ..randy used a peavey head (an old one) i got a pic of it somewhere here and an ampeg cab with altec speakers in it its in the shot of the chili cook off in the park :D

Author:  LoQ [ Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

kevinkyle46542 wrote:
LoQ wrote:
codomeistro wrote:
Des, you said randy didint own any marshall amps, yet at one of the shows at the whiskey, you can see Randys amp is a Marshall plexi head with a 2x12 stack sideways or something. Its a 500mb show in torrent form i got off the site Torrentspy. Maybe it was the house Amps? like a communal amp available for all bands?
IF he was in fact not using it, why would it be right on stage right beside him?

I'll try and get a program to screenshot the video playing on my media player, but for now, just download a 50 minute Quiet Riot vid of them playing the whiskey at Torrentspy.com.
Randys playing his PDV for gonna have a riot for all you pDV lovers, but uses his lespaul for everything else :D.


I can't say how it was in the 70's, but during the 80's and 90's when my band would play at the whiskey on jam nights (around 15 bands would be booked for 20 minute sets using all house equiptment. So As soon as one band was done, the other would come on, plug in, and go) Marshall stacks for guitar and trace elliots for bass were the house equiptment. :wink:



yea and they were the crappyiest marshalls in the world right from S.I.R.
studio instrument rentals for you non locals....for us S.I.R. ment sorry i rented!!


LOL I forgot all about that "Sorry I Rented" thing! *LOL*LOL*

I much preffered the equipment that the Coconut Teazer supplied for their jam nights....brand new Carvin gear! 8)

Author:  kevinkyle46542 [ Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

iremember their house guy comming over to us after a shaman gig in the 80's askin what the heck i was using and i told him it was a carvin x-100b i bought off steve (vai) and he practically masturbated on it so maybe thats where the carvin thing came from...to be honest i only used sir once when my plexi blew a transformer and i had a saturday night roxy gig and i was pinned in.. all my friends were gigging that night worst 100 bucks ever spent..now vai's x-100b was the best 500 i ever spent (wish i still had it) :lol:

Author:  Mod [ Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:25 am ]
Post subject: 

codomeistro wrote:
Des, you said randy didint own any marshall amps, yet at one of the shows at the whiskey, you can see Randys amp is a Marshall plexi head with a 2x12 stack sideways or something. .

That wasn't his amp. I've seen all the videos of Randy in QR and I know the scene you mention. The Marshall was either a house amp like you suggest or belonged to another band playing that night :wink:

Author:  DemonDik [ Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:10 am ]
Post subject: 

kevinkyle46542 wrote:
oh yea the topic ..randy used a peavey head (an old one) i got a pic of it somewhere here and an ampeg cab with altec speakers in it its in the shot of the chili cook off in the park :D


Hey Kevin is that the pic where Randy is playing the clear Dan Armstrong and his hair is super straight and super long? You can get a good glimps of his Peavey set-up in that pic.

Author:  codomeistro [ Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Anyone know what model his amp was? Valveking head? or... ?

Author:  RhoadsToOzz [ Sat May 16, 2009 12:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: RAndy's QR Amps

This is the gear that Delores has sitting in Musonia's front room ? And the final ruling, Peavey head (or Peavey Cab), and moded Ampeg with Altecs, or what ? ... :D

Author:  patrickthebassbash [ Wed May 20, 2009 5:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: RAndy's QR Amps

RhoadsToOzz wrote:
This is the gear that Delores has sitting in Musonia's front room ? And the final ruling, Peavey head (or Peavey Cab), and moded Ampeg with Altecs, or what ? ... :D

As I was reading this thread, it took me back to the day before the Us Festival in 1983 when my friends and I went to see Delores Rhoads and she showed us, among other things, his Quiet Riot equipment. It was a Peavey head and Ampeg cabinet, I remember because I always thought that an Ampeg cab should be used for bass, not guitar! I don't know what was inside them, but that was definitely the outside.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/