It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:53 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:20 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:23 am
Posts: 63
This message is for anyone close to Randy or has access to ALL of his recorded work. Preferably both. I have all of Randy's albums and have also downloaded out-of-print bootlegs (which are VERY hard to find) and am wondering WHY the first two Quiet Riot albums are not in print outside Japan??? CAN I PLEASE ORDER THEM FROM HERE? I'LL PAY CASH! PLEASE? I LOVE RANDY'S PLAYING SO MUCH! Without Randy to influence me I wouldn't be nearly as good as I am now, and as of now I'm about 40 or 50 percent the player Randy was at the age of 22 (yes that's pathetic but keep in mind, Randy started playing at 6 and a half, I started playing just before the age of 13.). Please get back to me on this as soon as possible!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:06 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:19 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Medical Lake
go to ebay.

or amazon.com

or (not 100% sure) but if you want to download them you might be able to get them at www.ultimaterhoads.com

_________________
That's right Mr. Giraffe, drink all the marmalade.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:50 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:32 pm
Posts: 53
Location: Earth
I have both of em...Quiet Riot I and II.....I'll give em to you, I just don't know if I can do it through this site without breaking the rules. They're good albums too, and took me FOREVER to find.

BTW, they are outta print so I'm really not quite sure if copyright laws are valid in this situation.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:13 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:19 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Medical Lake
as far as i understand it, copyright laws are in effect for the musician's whole life (Kelly helped write these if i'm not mistaken, though i could be. anyways, he's still alive. so is Drew) plus 70 years after their death.

so if that is the case, copyright laws would still be in effect.

just saying :)

_________________
That's right Mr. Giraffe, drink all the marmalade.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:39 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:32 pm
Posts: 53
Location: Earth
CrypticNight wrote:
as far as i understand it, copyright laws are in effect for the musician's whole life (Kelly helped write these if i'm not mistaken, though i could be. anyways, he's still alive. so is Drew) plus 70 years after their death.

so if that is the case, copyright laws would still be in effect.

just saying :)


Well I'll just google and post a link to a rapid share where I got my copy from. If thats OK...


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:44 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:19 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Medical Lake
oh, feel free to do whatever you want. i'm not the police *LOL*LOL*

i'm just saying what the copyright laws are. you seemed to wonder a little about copyright laws, so i thought i'd help you out a little.

why'd you want to know the copyright laws anyways? if your just selling the albums to this guy there shouldn't be any copyright infringement.

if your copying the albums and sending him the copies that might do it, but i doubt most people would really care to be honest..

_________________
That's right Mr. Giraffe, drink all the marmalade.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:53 am
Posts: 600
Location: Male/Denmark
They are both in the audio section, thanks to Cableguyxx...

Smirnoff :P

_________________
--->Randy Rhoads, dead for 32 year´s but still so much ALIVE........!!!!<---


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:38 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
RRguitarwannaplay wrote:
am wondering WHY the first two Quiet Riot albums are not in print outside Japan???


The first two Quiet Riot albums never got more than a Japanese release because a record deal was struck with the Japanese only. That's why they have never been in print anywhere else in the world. It was a small deal and only small quantities were even pressed of the albums. They aren't even in print in Japan anymore (Haven't been for almost 30 years). One of the reasons that version of Quiet Riot broke up is because they couldn't get a worldwide or even US distribution deal.


RRguitarwannaplay wrote:
CAN I PLEASE ORDER THEM FROM HERE? I'LL PAY CASH! PLEASE?


Sorry, we, nor anybody has any access to the actual albums as they've been long out of print even in Japan. Even the Rhoads family doesn't have stock copies of them. Plus we don't have any rights or licences to sell any Randy albums.

Only way you'll get them is to try ebay where you can occassionally still find used actual copies of Quiet Riot II (though there are alot of bootlegs of that one being sold also). Quiet Riot I is much rarer and an original copy will cost large dollars likely. If you want to purchase used copies from fans that is your perogative also and can be done off the board at your descrettion as this board has nothing to do with that.

There have been good quality CD bootlegs of the two albums floating around for years online too.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:33 pm 
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:15 am
Posts: 3844
Location: Atlanta, GA
RRguitarwannaplay wrote:
This message is for anyone close to Randy or has access to ALL of his recorded work. Preferably both. I have all of Randy's albums and have also downloaded out-of-print bootlegs (which are VERY hard to find) and am wondering WHY the first two Quiet Riot albums are not in print outside Japan??? CAN I PLEASE ORDER THEM FROM HERE? I'LL PAY CASH! PLEASE? I LOVE RANDY'S PLAYING SO MUCH! Without Randy to influence me I wouldn't be nearly as good as I am now, and as of now I'm about 40 or 50 percent the player Randy was at the age of 22 (yes that's pathetic but keep in mind, Randy started playing at 6 and a half, I started playing just before the age of 13.). Please get back to me on this as soon as possible!


QR I on vinyl will probably run between $200 and $600 if you can find it on EBAY.
QR II on vinyl will probably run between $10 and $50 on EBAY

Contrary to claims by some, neither was ever officially released on CD, so if you see them with artwork on CD, they are still bootlegs

Direct links to each albums in the following threads here:

http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8338&start=0

http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8339&start=0

Link to my web page with other Quiet Riot goodies, including QR I, II and the Demos here:

http://www.eternalrandyrhoads.com/audio.html


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:17 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:23 am
Posts: 63
HELLO AGAIN! I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THE TIME TO THANK WHOEVER IT IS WHO PUT THE FIRST TWO ALBUMS ON YOUTUBE BECAUSE I'M BROKE AS HELL AND STILL AM HORRIBLY ADDICTED TO RANDY'S PLAYING. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED OFFICALLY RELEASE NEW RANDY MUSIC SINCE DIARY, ESPECIALLY THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE RANDY RHOADS YEARS BY QUIET RIOT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:15 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:53 pm
Posts: 2835
Location: Dalhousie, NB Canada
i downloaded a torrent file of all the quiet riot albums. included was I and II.
i personally think the albums are good. i dont know why randy didnt thnk much of his playing on there. im downloading the randy rhoads years right now

_________________
RIP RANDY RHOADS. OUR GUITAR HERO!

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:09 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:48 pm
Posts: 2309
Location: Belfast, Ireland
CliffDimeRandy wrote:
i dont know why randy didnt thnk much of his playing on there.

Emmm. Was it ever said anywhere that Randy didn't like his playing on those two albums?
I know Kevin didn't like his vocal performance, and probably wasn't even too fond of the songs altogether, as it's well documented they were trying to sound radio friendly, and not *really* doing what they wanted to do with the songs. Even Kevin has said several times though that Randy's playing on QR I and QR II was great, and that when he listens to Ozzy and Randy he hears a lot of stuff Randy was doing in Quiet Riot.

Now, anyone with a decent set of ears will tell you between Quiet Riot II and Blizzard of Ozz that Randy stepped his game up ten fold, from pretty great guitarist, to one of the absolute greatest in the world, but I don't think it's been said that his playing QR I and II was bad, or that he wasn't happy with it.

I could be wrong though, I'm really just interested to hear where you heard that.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:41 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
Mr.Coneman wrote:
CliffDimeRandy wrote:
i dont know why randy didnt thnk much of his playing on there.

Emmm. Was it ever said anywhere that Randy didn't like his playing on those two albums?
I know Kevin didn't like his vocal performance, and probably wasn't even too fond of the songs altogether, as it's well documented they were trying to sound radio friendly, and not *really* doing what they wanted to do with the songs. Even Kevin has said several times though that Randy's playing on QR I and QR II was great, and that when he listens to Ozzy and Randy he hears a lot of stuff Randy was doing in Quiet Riot.

Now, anyone with a decent set of ears will tell you between Quiet Riot II and Blizzard of Ozz that Randy stepped his game up ten fold, from pretty great guitarist, to one of the absolute greatest in the world, but I don't think it's been said that his playing QR I and II was bad, or that he wasn't happy with it.

I could be wrong though, I'm really just interested to hear where you heard that.


It's come from lots of people who knew Randy, that he wasn't happy with those albums-even moreso after he joined Ozzy. Here's Delores relaying Randy's thoughts/comments:

Delores Rhoads wrote:
I remember Randy wasn’t happy with either of those Quiet Riot records. Even before the accident kids would call and ask me where to get those records. I said, “Randy, what should I tell them?” “Tell them I don’t want them to have those records,” he said. “What I do now is so much better. I don’t want them to have those albums.” I have discouraged any procedure on those albums because I know how he felt.



and here is Kevin Dubrow in a 1983 interview discussing why he (at the time) refused to re-release the original 2 Japanese LPs:


INT: Has there been any attempt to cash-in on your new-found success by re-issuing those first 2 lps?

Kevin Dubrow wrote:

“We’ve had 3 big-money opportunities to do it and we’ve refused them all. We’ve made it so that those albums are very hard to get. If anybody wants to know why they can’t get them, they should come talk to me! Randy didn’t like them. I respect his wishes more than anything. I will not take any money-they’re worthless. We don’t need to cash-in on them because we’re making plenty of cash on the success of “Metal Health”. They’re really awful records.


He also told my friend in Detroit in 1982 that "they are garbage and don't bother wasting money on them".


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:32 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:48 pm
Posts: 2309
Location: Belfast, Ireland
:lol: Harsh words from the guys there!
Interesting read certainly. Those two albums definitely have their fair share of "cheese" and "filler", definitely a few good moments on them though, I wouldn't write them off entirely!
Though I suppose, when you've just released Diary of a Madman, or Metal Health why the hell would you want your fans listening to QR I and II! Fair call I suppose!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The First Two Quiet Riot Albums
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:21 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:12 am
Posts: 146
Location: Southern California
i like both the albums but they do sound somewhat sophmoric compared to the weightier BOO and DOAM Just my two cents
*yay* *0

_________________
Kel

Verbum Domini Manet en Aeternum


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC


 Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: