It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How Many Copies of the Japanese LPs Were Pressed?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:03 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I remember hearing many years ago that only about 2000 copies of Quiet Riot I were pressed, does anyone know if that's correct? Also, how many copies of Quiet Riot II were actually pressed? It seems like the second album is not too difficult to find, and I wonder exactly how many of them were made. This is a question I've wondered about for many years now, so thank you in advance to whoever can enlighten me!

Post subject: Re: How Many Copies of the Japanese LPs Were Pressed?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:12 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

No takers? Did I even stump Ironface here? Okay, I'll try another one: Hey, I also always wondered what nationality Kevin DuBrow was, and all he would ever tell me was "American"! I thought DuBrow sounded French, but was never sure. Anyone know the answer to that one?!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:25 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Okay, fine then. Which sold more copies, Quiet Riot II or Van Halen 3 ?!?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:05 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

patrickthebassbash wrote:
I remember hearing many years ago that only about 2000 copies of Quiet Riot I were pressed, does anyone know if that's correct? Also, how many copies of Quiet Riot II were actually pressed?

Can't give ya an exact number, but around 2000 for QRI is probably close. As for II, it was more than Quiet Riot I-probably 5-10 thousand.

I also always wondered what nationality Kevin DuBrow was, and all he would ever tell me was "American"! I thought DuBrow sounded French, but was never sure. Anyone know the answer to that one?!

He was of Russian/Jewish descent.

Okay, fine then. Which sold more copies, Quiet Riot II or Van Halen 3 ?!?

*LOL*LOL* Van Halen III sold more copies than Quiet Riot II even had printed up though those sales were entirely fan curiosity. Van Halen 3 sold just over 500,000 copies I know which is bad for a band who had nothing but platinum and double platinum albums pretty much their whole career. Now what would I put on in my car, QR II or VH 3 on any given day and it's easily QR II. VH3 just sucks SO bad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:00 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Thanks, Ironface. Yes, Van Halen III does wang the panoche rather heavily (a phrase my late brother coined for something that truly sucks). Listening to Eddie attempt to sing should have definitely made Kevin feel a helluva lot better about his vocals on the first 2 QR albums. I STILL think Kevin was at his best on QR II, though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:29 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Yes, Patrick, Van Halen III bit the big one (ie-HORRIBLE) and that's without even mentioning Eddie's "vocal" disaster of "How Many Say I". +) *LOL*LOL* As for Kevin's vocal performance on "Quiet Riot II", I'd say, it was Kevin and he did a great job with what he had and it fit the songs. I quite liked his vocals on "Metal Health" and "Condition Critical" as well, knowing what Kevin's style was and I think he was pretty consistent with all of his releases from then on. However, if the song just totally sucked to begin with ( as did the entirety of VH III IMO) then no vocal performance could save it and QR did have a few really bad songs. But in the end, QR II stomps VH III, hands down! :wink: