www.randyrhoads.tk
http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/

What happened during bark at the moon shows?
http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9540
Page 1 of 1

Author:  demon [ Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:59 am ]
Post subject:  What happened during bark at the moon shows?

i know that there is a "what happened during diary shows" thread so i just wanted to know what happend on stage at bark at the moon shows. Did they use ronnie (the dwarf) in the show during the early parts of the tour? i have the salt lake city dvd but just wanted to know if there was any extra stuff ozzy did some nights or if it was just basically the same as the salt lake city show.

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What happened during bark at the moon shows?

demon wrote:
i know that there is a "what happened during diary shows" thread so i just wanted to know what happend on stage at bark at the moon shows. Did they use ronnie (the dwarf) in the show during the early parts of the tour? i have the salt lake city dvd but just wanted to know if there was any extra stuff ozzy did some nights or if it was just basically the same as the salt lake city show.



There was no Ronnie the dwarf. There was a short guy in a suit of armor that brought Ozzy drinks though and the bats on the staircase you saw on the Salt Lake video and the usual fireworks.

Author:  Steevo [ Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What happened during bark at the moon shows?

Hey Iron, could you say what else was thrown into the set that didn't make the SLC vid? Thanks.

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What happened during bark at the moon shows?

Steevo wrote:
Hey Iron, could you say what else was thrown into the set that didn't make the SLC vid? Thanks.


There wasn't much. What I mentioned and what's on the SLC video pretty much covers it all except Carmine Appice (I saw the tour with Carmine on drums before they brought Tommy back) had a drum solo that he used lights and also twirled 4 drumsticks at once, which was cool to see. Other than that nothing else I can think of. I think they may have thrown "So Tired" into the set later on once or twice, but thankfully not when I saw them. :lol:

Author:  PaulWarrenWolfe [ Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What happened during bark at the moon shows?

ironface166 wrote:
I think they may have thrown "So Tired" into the set later on once or twice, but thankfully not when I saw them. :lol:


They played So Tired in Seattle in '84 on that tour. Motley Crue opened... It was pretty much like that video the night I saw them.

Author:  rickhawk80 [ Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What happened during bark at the moon shows?

Yep, "So Tired" was added to the set later in the tour after it started getting some airplay. :wink:

Author:  demon [ Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What happened during bark at the moon shows?

ironface166 wrote:
Steevo wrote:
Hey Iron, could you say what else was thrown into the set that didn't make the SLC vid? Thanks.


There wasn't much. What I mentioned and what's on the SLC video pretty much covers it all except Carmine Appice (I saw the tour with Carmine on drums before they brought Tommy back) had a drum solo that he used lights and also twirled 4 drumsticks at once, which was cool to see. Other than that nothing else I can think of. I think they may have thrown "So Tired" into the set later on once or twice, but thankfully not when I saw them. :lol:

he dosent twirl 4 drumsticks on the dortmund show.

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What happened during bark at the moon shows?

demon wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
Steevo wrote:
Hey Iron, could you say what else was thrown into the set that didn't make the SLC vid? Thanks.


There wasn't much. What I mentioned and what's on the SLC video pretty much covers it all except Carmine Appice (I saw the tour with Carmine on drums before they brought Tommy back) had a drum solo that he used lights and also twirled 4 drumsticks at once, which was cool to see. Other than that nothing else I can think of. I think they may have thrown "So Tired" into the set later on once or twice, but thankfully not when I saw them. :lol:

he dosent twirl 4 drumsticks on the dortmund show.


Maybe cause that was one of his first gigs with Ozzy and he just went plain. :? He was twirling them in February 84 at the Capital Center in Largo, MD and at other US shows that year before he got booted. One of the reasons he got fired was because as the tour went on he was doing drum clinics during the day and throwing extra stuff into the songs to impress the people he gave free tickets to from the clinics. I don't think that should matter in a drum spotlight solo as that should be anything goes (within the time allotted), but anyway, he was doing the 4 stick twirls and I think he did them before and after his Ozzy time. I think the BATM tour was the highest profile gig he ever had (as far as on a world tour and arena capacity) so I don't blame him for pulling out all the stops. He is bad-ass on those drums.

Author:  demon [ Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What happened during bark at the moon shows?

ironface166 wrote:
He is bad-ass on those drums.
yes he is

Author:  demon [ Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What happened during bark at the moon shows?

does anyone know what the monks are holding on the SLC show when when they walk out during center of eternity?

Author:  Kendall [ Mon May 05, 2008 7:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What happened during bark at the moon shows?

demon,

I think they were holding candles or some kind of lights as they walked out. I saw Ozzy and Motley Crue on their shared bill for Shout at the Devil/Bark at the Moon.

One other thing that happened at a lot of BATM shows were kids booing Jake E Lee, simple because he wasn't Randy Rhoads. I think Brad Gillis suffered the same ritual. Hard way to join Ozzy's band. Everyone missed RAndy, but they shouldn't have taken it out on his replacements.

k

Author:  demon [ Tue May 06, 2008 7:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What happened during bark at the moon shows?

ok thanks kendall

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/