It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: When Did You Get Into Ozzy ??
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:39 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I was born in 1978 and was fortunate to have a uncle who loved hard rock, in particular Ozzy. I remember as a very young kid listening to Blizzard, DOAM, BATM and Ultimate Sin. I grew up on those albums and the Speak of the Devil album. My uncle had a nice system, and that's probably why my hearing isn't too good right now. I remember jamming Bark at the Moon, Killer of Giants and Mr. Crowley over and over again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:51 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

when my mother carried me in her womb, I distinctively remember hearing sabbath and immediately fell in love. :lol: I dont know.. around 1981 or so. 11 yrs old I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:02 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I've actually heard of this happening before. Rock on Dude!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:49 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

I guess its a rare phenomenon. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:40 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Year: Late 90s, when I was around 5-7 I guess
Age: 5-7 is when I started listening casually with my dad on radio, and when I was 10, he got Ozzman Cometh or whatever it is. And everyday I would borrow the cd and listen to Crazy Train , Mr. Crowley, and Over The Mountain over and over again. Go figure, I was a Rhoads fan 7 years before I knew who he was and before I picked up a guitar.
Song: Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley, and Over the Mountain.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:18 am 

Age 14
Song Bark at the moon
I was at my friends house and we were playing Guitar Hero and I saw Bark at The Moon, Awesome song not as good as the randy stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:21 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:52 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

As far back as I can remember I have always loved Crazy Train, even when I didnt like rock I for some reson I couldnt get enough of that song. Well one day my mom had do a walk through (for all you non-realtors out there thats where before someone buys a house they make sure nothings wrong with it one last time) and she left me in the car with the keys in so I turn on the radio and the first thing I heard was Randy's pick scrapes and I hear that intro riff and im the happiest person in the world. So im rocking out in the car like bouncing off the walls and my mom is tapping on the window for me to turn it down (Mind you I am in a heavily fortified metal vehicle and she could still hear me from within the house) but I kept rockin'. now were at the "I know that things ar going wrong for me part" and im just going nuts, spits flying out of my mouth im hitting my head against things im a legal mental patcient at that point. And the solo kicks in and I stop.. my jaw is at the floor and im hearing the most beutiful sound ever, And at that moment I decided I wanted to play guitar for the rest of my life. Now that same night as were coming home my mom stops at CVS and I go to the magazine department and what do I find a Guitar World with Randy on it and the tab for Crazy Train. Its still my favorite song to this day.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:46 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Year: 2002
Song: Crazy Train

i had made some new guitar playing friends at school and i overheard them talking about a local radio station, one day i decided to listen to it and the first song i heard was Crazy Train. i just had to hear it again so i searched the interweb finding different samples of Crazy Train (like :30 clips), finally i found a site that had the entire Blizzard album so i downloaded it. i had never heard any other song other than Crazy Train but when i heard I Don't Know and No Bone Movies, i was hooked. then it progressed into me playing guitar *r*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:54 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

i always, ALWAYS heard Crazy Train on the way to my hockey games back about 5 years ago and knew it was ozzy but never knew who Randy Rhoads was :( then about a couple years later i found my dads Flying V and started playin and started to get into Ozzy and found out who Randy Rhoads was. Also we were in Vail a few years ago when i first started to play and we heard Crowley on the radio there, and my dad was tellin me bout the two incredible solo's but i was just like ya w/e I'm really not quite sure what song this is and now lookin back i think how i just didnt think about it and listen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:20 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I'm sure some of you got this growing up, but isn't it strange how non mainstream Ozzy was in the 80's. At least that's the vibe I got from people when I grew up here in central Texas, girls didn't dig Ozzy as much as you would think. Even in college in 97 this kid was having an argument with me that Smashing Pumpkins were bigger than Ozzy. I won the argument.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:26 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Everyone knows who Ozzy is in DC. As my friend put it "Hes dat dood who at da bats head son" :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:59 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Here comes "old skool" again :lol:

I was stationed in the United States Army in Germany way way back in 1970. I was playing electric bass in a hard rock band off duty. All my barracks mates were into all kinds of music. They all knew I was doing that Hendrix stuff live. One of the younger soldiers invited me into his room to play a new album he just got his hands on. He said: "I know you know Hendrix, but I think you might like this stuff". He proceeded to put on Black Sabbaths first album (Released Friday the 13th 1970). I listened to both sides without talking (yes, you had to flip the disk over way back then). He asked me; "what do you think of that ?" I said (something like) "Damm---thats killer----Hendrix has been replaced. By the way: "Who is that lead singer---he is pretty damm good.

need i type more :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:55 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

not sure i wanna do this, but oh well :D ....

first time hearing Ozzy and Sabbath was 1970....i was about 12...my older brother had this giant 5 band portable radio..there was an old F.M. radio station in Detroit called WABX that played only the "underground" music as it was referred to then. They would play the entire albums with no commercials or anything...in between records, i dont think the D.J's said 20 words :shock: ...i first heard the Paranoid album then and the power of that record really got me hooked...been a fan ever since :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:18 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

i have to say for me 16 years ago when i was 11 i was going through really hard times as a kid(i know sappy) but i heard no more tears and for some reason that song really picked me up....i know its a song about a stripper getting killed but for me it was much deeper .his music has always spoke to my soul like no other im forever grateful :D