It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: When Did You Get Into Ozzy ??
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:46 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Someting Like This:
Year: 2005
Song:Black Sabbath-Iron Man,Solo-Gets Me Through
Story:When I Was 8 (Around 2001 I Think) They Played ''Gets Me Through'' On Tv And Scared The Crap Out Of Me!!! XD
But I Wasn't Into To Music Until Around Green Day American Idiot
So Any Way
Around 2005(WellI Guess) I Wa Going To Visit Mom And I Fell Asleep During The Trip(8 Hour Trip XP) hen I Woke Of T A Riff I Heard From School Of Rock ''Iron Man''.
So I Remeber The Song But Not The Band
So I'm Home And I Leave The Tv On And They Did A Contdown Show Of SomeKindAnd They Played Iron Man Black Sabbath.
So I Remembered The Band ANdThe Next Time I Went Out Of Town I Bought A Black Sabbath Album(A Best Of Thing)
So After ALittle While A Classmate Of Mine Said ''Ever Hear Crazy Train??''ANd I Said ''Whats That?? '' He Said ''Its A Song By Ozzy Osbourne''
So I Go To My Moms Again And Go Buy My First Ozzy Album Blizzard Of Ozz XD
It Was 2005 Soo The 2002 Remasters(Sorry)
So I Was Hook On Ozzy
So I Bought Anything Ozzy After That And Thats My Story(I Now Have Every Album AndHave Alot Of Rarites(Hah Plug))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:22 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

In 1980 when I was 9 yrs old. My bestfriends brother (16 yrs old) and his buddy had the LP Blizard of Ozz and put that bad boy on the turn table and that was it, I was hooked!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:26 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

AZFF wrote:
In 1980 when I was 9 yrs old. My bestfriends brother (16 yrs old) and his buddy had the LP Blizard of Ozz and put that bad boy on the turn table and that was it, I was hooked!!!

Same here except it was my sisters, I was 10 and it was 1982. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:49 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

2005. My dad played an old Black Sabbath Paranoid tape one night when we were driving.....if that counts. But when I got into Ozzy as a solo artist is when my friend told me about Crazy Train two years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:12 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Year: 1996 (Ozzy with Sabbath) 2001 (Ozzy Solo)
Song: ALL OF THEM!
Story: When I was 6 I was down in the basement watching my uncle reherse with his band...and they played Iron Man and Paranoid and asked them if those were their songs and they said no they were songs by a band called Black Sabbath. and I was hooked on Sabbath since. But when I was 11 in Middle school we were sitting in one of my art classes and the teacher puts on the radio and the song playing was Crazy Train and they said the artist was Ozzy Osbourne and i was like damn that was friggin sweet! So i looked up Black Sabbath could not find the song anywhere and im like what a bunch of f**king liars LOL then I searched Ozzy Osbourne Solo and it came up and started buying into the other albums and just loved it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:45 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:52 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Year: 1983
Song:Black Sabbath-The Wizard
Story:I heard The Wizard from "speak of the devil" that my brother had and he said it was Black Sabbath, so I went out and got "live-evil" and thought gee the singing sounds funny :lol: Then I saw the "bark at the moon" vid on TV and went out the next day and got that...then came "diary" then my own copy of "speak" funny thing is to this day I still have never brought a copy of "blizzard" ( I do have a copied one, but have only had that for about 4yrs) once "tribute" came out I always thought the studio version of the "blizzard" songs sound a bit dry :oops: so never got round to getting it.......
cool thing is everytime I listen to any ozzy album it takes me back to the moment I first heard it so they never get old, in fact "the ultimate sin" is my favourite album at the moment, jake's tone is just ripping

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:31 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

year: 1989
age 13
i borrowed a Tribute album from friend of mine
song: all of them
This is the whole story 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:22 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Took me a few years to catch up to Oz (never really cared for the Sabs). Around '86 a friend laid Blizzard and Diary on me. I had heard smidgens of the Jake stuff before, but it was only okish. I gave those 2 albums a few more listens and that was it, an Ozzy convert (at least for the RR years).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:56 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

year: 2004
age then: 14
story: one day at school a kid brought his guitar and played the intro to Crazy Train. i didn't know what it was so i asked him, he told me, i went home and looked it up and i was hooked. i bought Bliz of Oz album and saw the Tribute album also but i didn't know how awesome it was so i didn't get it. i listened to music samples of Tribute on the internet later and that was when i discovered "Mr. Randy Rhoads!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:57 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

It was 2005, I was 16, I was scrolling around another forum I visit, and someone uploaded Mr.Crowley, and Crazy Train videos from afterhours (before the days of youtube believe it or not!), and I just thought instantly that Randy was one of the coolest people I'd ever seen and his playing just blew me away, so really I didn't get into Ozzy, more into Randy, and it's kind of stuck that way. I'm one of the people who are of the mind that Ozzy is one of the most extremely lucky people on the planet to have had such great musicians behind him all his career.

I was a Sabbath fan from years before I discovered the solo stuff, but I definitely prefer the Randy years to anything else Ozzy has ever done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:40 am 

In 1982 I heard "Over the Mountain" on the radio and was AMAZED by the guitar work!!! 8) For sentimental reasons, it always has been and likely always will be my favorite Ozzy song, because it was the first time I ever heard Randy's guitar.:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:46 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Year: January '82
Song: I Don't Know

I was living in Grand Prairie, Texas. The radio was playing a lot of Ozzy for the upcoming Reunion Arena show. I bought the Blizzard of Ozz album from a Stop-n-Go store by my house. I wasn't playing guitar yet, and I didn't get to go to the show :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:29 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

it was a day back in 1975 i heard children of the grave then my neghibor accross the street said well if you liked that listen to this and he put on all the albums in roder while we shot pool and the goofed around out doors by the swimming pool

first time i heard blizzard was in the back of scott matuzak's mustnag mach one on the way to the ozzy osbourne / def leppard gig at pine knob music theater in august 1981

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:47 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

When I got into Randy. It was probably the beginning of my sophmore year in college, 1985. Somebody intoduced me to the blizzard & diary records & I have been a Randy fan ever since.

I really could care less about Ozzy. I do like his unique voice & style of music. I don't care for his image & antics so much. I just like the guitar players he has always had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:18 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

It was 1981 on the BOO Tour that I first got into Ozzy. I went backstage at the Sam Houston Coliseum and met everyone. Then went to the Ramada Inn where they were staying and partied all night long. Those were the days!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:28 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Year - 2003

Age - 10

Knew of Black Sabbath from my dad at the time who i saw on weekends and listened to music with him. Very rarely listened to Sabbath it was mostly Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, AC/DC and Most of all, KISS. But when we were listening to Sabbath he said he wanted to show me a Ozzy solo album. Popped in Blizzard. After i had heard Goodbye To Romance and Suicide Solution i was addicted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:22 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Year: 1999
Song: BATM

My bro had 'The Ozzman Cometh' cd lying around and decided to put it and give it a spin. I was familiar with ozzy to some extent but when I listened to some of the tracks on that cd I loved what I heard. Havent looked back since. I dont listen to OZzy as much as I used to but I still find time to add an album or two on my Zune when im @ work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:17 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

for me as strange as this sounds, when i was a kid, (i was born in 1982) my father who was into alot of music had those old things you seen alot in the 80s those glass photos or whatever they were? the glass had the album artwork on them? anyone know what im talking about? anyhow, i remember the big yellow ozzy logo or whatever, i remember there was a few of them inb my room, im guessing this is as early as 86-87 jake e lee era, i remember seeing those things in my room as a young kid, and im sure he was blasting ozzy albums aswell, i dont remember listening to any ozzy that young, but when i was about 8 or 9 i started to get into maiden, ozzy, metallica, all kinds of heavy stuff. so ive been exposed to ozzy as early as 8 years old, i guess ive been into ozz for quite awhile. but the first time i heard YCKRAR i was like WOW! what a melodic song. beautiful....

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

Post subject: Re: When Did You Get Into Ozzy ??
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:51 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

I guess I am the only one who got into the Ozzman at the age of 6 LOL That is the youngest so far LOL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:16 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

yea they were still earth when i was 6...1968

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:55 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:41 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

The Day the Blizzard LP hit the stores.....
Yes, I did say LP. I still have both of the original BOO & DOAM LP's.

http://www.myspace.com/fretfun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:12 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Another from the "Old Guard".
I have a brother 8 years my senior, he says the first Sabbath album he bought was SBS which puts him at 14, which would've put me at 6.
It seems as if Sab, Zep, Floyd, Queen and A-Smith have been with me all my life....
...and I wouldn't have it any other way! :twisted:

T.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:46 pm 

I had always dug hearing crazy train on the radio when I was real little, but it wasn't till about '95 I got seriously hooked. I was about 12 then.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:54 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

i remember seeing them for the first time on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert around 1975.
i didn't know what to think as the name 'Black Sabbath' seemed strange to me as a kid, but it stayed in my head. then when over a friends house after school, his older brother's were always playing Sabbath. after hearing the song 'Black Sabbath' i knew that i was hearing something from the heavens. i was scared to death and loving every minute of it, all at the same time.

anyone out there remember this show,
or have it on audio or video?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:35 pm 

Johnny_Blade wrote:
after hearing the song 'Black Sabbath' i knew that i was hearing something from the heavens.

or somewhere south of heaven... :shock: :lol:

There may be thrashier Slayer songs and more explicit Venom or Danzig songs, but I always think of "Black Sabbath" as about the most evil song I've ever heard. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:03 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Year: 2006
Song:Black Sabbath-Iron Man!
Story:My uncle gave me the Paranoid album for Christmas, and I was hooked man!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:19 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

humm

i dONt remember the year exactly, but its the year of the Speak of the devil album

my sister had the album in his walkman and i did listen to it i was like "OUAHHHHH"

i didnt stop listening to this album!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:12 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Year: 1981
Song: Crazy Train

I first heard this song being played on the radio and loved it! I went out and bought the album and couldn't believe my ears, *r* I was hooked from the begining and soon found my new guitar hero, Randy Rhoads. I was lucky to go see Ozzy and Randy in concert back in Jan. of 1982 on the D.o.a.m.m. tour! Two months later the music came to an end. :( It's hard to believe that it has been 26 yrs. since Randy's passing, seems like yesterday that I heard the tragic news! :shock: :cry: How time flies!!!!!

ScottHsixtyseven 8)