It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Ozzy's New Album
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:11 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Anybody heard when it's supposed to come out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:35 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:47 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Holy sh*t is ozzy that big now he gets a release on mars ??

Sorry Alex cldnt resist.

Im wondering if it will be worth it I hope that it is tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:48 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I hope there will be a tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:14 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

It's going to come out around feb. next year. And yes, there will be a tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:05 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

where did you find that out at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:13 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

c2dzmm wrote:

Yeah, just hope it's not on Mars.... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:38 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Des wrote:
c2dzmm wrote:

Yeah, just hope it's not on Mars.... :?

A "true" fan wouldn't let that get in the way.

Oxygen be dammed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:11 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Quote:
Zakk Wylde Says Ozzy And BLS Will Tour In February (9/5/2006)

“We have like twenty songs completed man, and I had everything to do with this album, including all the riffs and the mellow sh*t. I mean everything. That’s the way it should be done. Not like last time around! (2001’s Down To Earth, where Wylde was simply a session guitarist, with no song writing contributions towards the album) My track record speaks for itself. Between No Rest For The Wicked (1988) and No More Tears’ (1992), I think it’s f**king safe to say at this point that I know what the f**k I’m doing. I care about Osbourne. I mean, he’s the godfather of my son. I just didn’t want to see another situation like last time around where there were all these cock sucking clowns, who haven’t written a f**king song for anybody, coming around to the studio passing Ozzy songs. They’re just a bunch of f**king bullsh*t artists, and it really pissed me the f**k off. They just want to get their head inside Ozzy’s ass. I saw that coming, and I ain’t got time for that bullsh*t this time. I see it all the time. They don’t bleed this sh*t, and that’s the reason why I care. Once you get the money involved, all they want is to get their grubby f**king paws all over it all. The bottom line is my job is to protect him. So while I have a bit of time up my sleeves before these upcoming rehearsals, I’m going to be working with Osbourne. I’ll be there just to help him out on the melodies and all that stuff. Osbourne has got to get this album done. The music is done right now, it’s just a matter of the boss singing his balls off, and then its all good to go. The plan is to have the album released in February next year. By that time, (Zakk Wylde and) Black Label Society will already be touring with the Shot To Hell album. So Ozzy will be headlining, with (Zakk Wylde and) Black Label (Society) supporting, with an opening act supporting the two of us.”

Read the whole interview with Zakk here.

Source: themetalforge.com [ 17 Comments ]

That's where I got it from. But take a look at this.
Quote:
Ozzy Osbourne 10 Days Away From Finishing New Album (11/1/2006)

The following was posted on Greta Van Susteren's blog on foxnews.com:

Yesterday, we arrived in Los Angeles from Las Vegas. From the airport it was a quick drive — well, you can never really have a quick drive in L.A. — with all the traffic — to the hotel. We checked in, changed our clothes, choked down a salad and then hit the road for our interview with Sharon Osbourne at Ozzy and Sharon's home. Sharon has a new autobiography ("Extreme") and we wanted to ask her about her new book. In reading the book, one of the things you might discover is that her childhood was anything but normal (really an understatement.)

For those of you who watched MTV reality series, "The Osbournes," Lola the bulldog is fine. She was very friendly, but a bit jealous. When we petted other Osbourne dogs (I think there were about eight dogs), Lola positioned herself between us and the other dogs until we were simply just petting her. It is hard not to love Lola — she is very sweet. Minnie is also fine – she is in England now. Sharon has a TV show in England, so Minnie has been there with her the past several months. Sharon has made a quick trip to the USA to promote her book and do other things and did not want to subject Minnie to the rigors of flying across the ocean and the country, so we did not see Minnie.

Ozzy came in to say hello, but then went to his studio which is adjacent to the house. Ozzy is busy working on a new CD — he told me that he hopes to be finished with it in 10 days or so. Apparently he has been working nonstop on it and is anxious to finish it.

In Addition, Market Wire is reporting that the Osbournes were scheduled to attend Darren Bousman's (Director of films "Saw II" and "Saw III") Halloween party in Hollywood Hills last night. No word yet if Ozzy showed up or not.

Stars of the film and other celebrity guests were due in costume. The red carpet event was an exclusive gathering of celebrities, filmmakers, influential press and powerful industry players. Co-hosting the event was star of "Saw III," Shawnee Smith. The horror-themed fete was considered the most sought-after Halloween invitation this year.

Source: foxnews / market wire [ 6 Comments ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:15 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Thanks for that information. I can't wait for the cd and the tour. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:13 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

No problem man 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:27 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

BLS and OZZY = *yay*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:53 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

as if BLS and OZZY on the Ozzfest tours weren't special enough, now we get them for longer sets.....that's going to be sweet. I can't wait. *0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:24 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Dioz, where'd you get the avatar? That's a real nice piece of art!

W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:32 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Thanks for the info

i shall be awaiting that cd

and i hope that the tour comes to ireland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:19 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

whoopiecat wrote:
Dioz, where'd you get the avatar? That's a real nice piece of art!

W.

Go to your profile and look in the gallery for avatars to choose from :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:21 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Lets just hope its better than Under Cover. :?

Bleh = http://www.myspace.com/rick123111
Better = http://www.myspace.com/rick123112

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:34 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Well under cover was a cover album, so it's completely different. And I thought it was good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:06 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

The new one shouldn't resemble "UnderCovers" as that was not an album of original material, as stated. I did happen to find 90% of that album to be God-awful though. Worse part (than the covers themselves) was I bought it as part of the boxset(main reason I bought was it to check em out) as it was never said to be released seperatly and then they do just that some months later. :roll: Anyway, hope the new one is better than "Down To Earth" and "Ozzmosis", both of which were mish-mashes with only about 2-3 good tunes each.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:49 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ironface166 wrote:
The new one shouldn't resemble "UnderCovers" as that was not an album of original material, as stated. I did happen to find 90% of that album to be God-awful though. Worse part (than the covers themselves) was I bought it as part of the boxset(main reason I bought was it to check em out) as it was never said to be released seperatly and then they do just that some months later. :roll: Anyway, hope the new one is better than "Down To Earth" and "Ozzmosis", both of which were mish-mashes with only about 2-3 good tunes each.

I think Down To Earth was great. I have a favorite Ozzy album for each decade. 80s=Blizzard of Ozz. 90s=No More Tears. 00s=Down To Earth.

Bleh = http://www.myspace.com/rick123111
Better = http://www.myspace.com/rick123112

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:40 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

ironface166 wrote:

I bought the boxed set cause not only did i get the boxed set but they had a special at the time if you buy the box set you also got buy one get one free tickets to that years ozzfest .

It worked out pretty well for me in that regard :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:02 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

well i don't thing the new album will be very exciting!! Ozzy Need a new guitarist.. I'm tired of the Zakk sound, and zakk music

Ozzy need a new sound,, But it will not happen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:10 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:16 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

fortress wrote:
well i don't thing the new album will be very exciting!! Ozzy Need a new guitarist.. I'm tired of the Zakk sound, and zakk music

Well sometimes change is for the better, but Zakk is always interesting to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:04 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

fortress wrote:

If only Jake would come back... God that would pwn all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:32 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

fortress wrote:

lol, thanks for giving me a good laugh :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:27 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
fortress wrote:

Zakk music is pure S*** with his BLS thing.. he was way more interesting in his pride and glory thing.. HIs music is boring,, thaT's it

an album with Jake would be great!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:28 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

fortress wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
fortress wrote:

Zakk music is pure S*** with his BLS thing.. he was way more interesting in his pride and glory thing.. HIs music is boring,, thaT's it

Dude, Zakk is well loved by many here including myself. I learned one thing here, and it was a good lesson at that.. bashing a musician is totally uncalled for. I am sure that you are not saying he sucks or anything like that, but it's not cool to do.. it will spark reactions and end up ugly. Zakk rules dude, and his BLS material is amazing, cool if you feel different, it's your opinion, but at least try not to say that it is s%#t.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:47 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rrguitar wrote:
fortress wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
fortress wrote:

Dude, Zakk is well loved by many here including myself. I learned one thing here, and it was a good lesson at that.. bashing a musician is totally uncalled for. I am sure that you are not saying he sucks or anything like that, but it's not cool to do.. it will spark reactions and end up ugly. Zakk rules dude, and his BLS material is amazing, cool if you feel different, it's your opinion, but at least try not to say that it is s%#t.

I applaud you. What else can you say about a guy who releases new music all the time. Its not the common that people do it on a yearly basis anymore. It also gives Ozzy stability in his band at one instrument too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:56 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

I will say this regarding Zakk and Jake..Both did some interesting stuff with Ozzy. Jake's first Badlands album was great, the second was pretty good and everything after that can be counted on one hand with a few fingers left over. Jake doesn't seem to have the musicians heart anymore as Zakk does, who has put out an incredible ammount of output since leaving Ozzy. Why? Because he (Zakk) loves to make music, whether people like everything he does is irrelevant.

Back to Jake- he did a solo album in the mid-90's, "A Fine Pink Mist" (which I personally didn't care much for), did a few appearences on some tribute albums and then just recently did an album of covers. That's one complete album of original material in the last 15 years. (Does that beat the Boston record? :lol: )For a musician of his stature I would think he would consider music his life and passion (as well as income), but he seems to have dropped off the radar. Yeah, I know he has had some personal problems (divorce, substance abuse, etc), but Michael Schenker had far worse substance issues, his wife took him to the cleaners, he was bankrupt and he still kept putting out a ridiculous ammount of albums because he has the musicians heart. I know every man's problems shouldn't be compared to anybody else's, but just in case anybody does look at stuff that way, there it is. The music bussiness may have been too much for him as well. I don't mean to come down on Jake so hard, I just find it sad as a fan that he didn't seem to want to make any more music (of whatever genre). After hearing the stories (from multiple various sources) of why he was let out of Ozzy's band and seeing his lack of output over the last 15 years, I don't see him ever doing anything with Ozzy again, if anybody. Sad. :(

Zakk has done a few things I've liked since Ozzy-some of his Pride And Glory songs, some BLS stuff and his "Book Of Shadows" thing, but my fav hard rocking stuff of his since, besides Ozzy stuff, may be his playing in Steel Dragon for the "Rock Star" soundtrack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next