It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Should Ozzy retire
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:53 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

I was going to make this a poll, but decided not to.

I, honestly believe that he should. If you look at it, hes dont all he could possible do in the music industy. He reminds of some of the other bands of his time. Kiss had their run in the 70's, Black Sabbath in the 70's, etc etc (you get the picture). I think hes tring to regain what he had in the 80's - the fame and noteriety (sp?). Its just that I dont see this happening anytimes soon.

The last quality cd he had was No More Tears (my opinion). And if im correct there has been what, 2 cd's (not greatest hits/box set - and excluding under cover). I can honestly say that Ozzmosis was garbage as well as Down to Earth (well maybe a few quality songs) - as it seems hes lost (or his musicans) have lost their touch to make quality music.

Im not sure if its Sharon (which many people do not like) - or the success of "The Osbournes" show got to his head (or not) - hes not going to progress anymore. He should call off Ozzfest - due to lack of talent IMO. As for his voice - its crap as well. When he was on the Brit awards - he sounded terrible. Maybe, just maybe he'll get the pic and decide that hes accomplished alot in his careers and relish it for what it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:06 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

In my opinion,Ozzy should have retired,at least,5 years ago. More like 10 years ago. Again,just my opinion,but his last good album,from start to finish,was Bark At The Moon. Anything after that had a few good songs here and there,but no real meat,through and through. Time to "hang it up." :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:12 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Jeepman wrote:
In my opinion,Ozzy should have retired,at least,5 years ago. More like 10 years ago. Again,just my opinion,but his last good album,from start to finish,was Bark At The Moon. Anything after that had a few good songs here and there,but no real meat,through and through. Time to "hang it up." :wink:

Agree w/ ay on the retirement 5/10 yrs ago. Id take NMT over BATM anyday. As for No Rest... and Ultimate Sin - there are a few good ones (Shot In The Dark, Miracle Man, Bloodbath in Paradise etc). Atleast he could do a few big gigs as a farewell (not like Kiss and keep going after the farewell)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:13 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

I think you're right on several of those points. His solo studio output after "No More Tears" has been really awful (with the exception of maybe 2-3 songs per album). I just don't think Ozzy wants to retire, as he's said music is all he really knows. He doesn't like to sit at home for extended periods of time. Also believe Sharon has talked him into continuing his yearly Ozzfest tours (despite his obvious injuries and vocal diminshment), as he is the big draw and they do get paid large for it. Really wouldn't think he needs the money anymore, but then again some people in that family have extreme spending addictions. :lol: While Ozzy's voice can be made to sound good in the studio with all the technology, it is hard for him to pull off new and old stuff live these days. Heard Sharon say that Ozzy wouldn't be playing Ozzfest this year (but the festival would still go on and be called Ozzfest), but I think that changed recently too and he may be doing it again. We'll see. Heard he's still wanting to do that "Rasputin" play or movie.

Btw-I think Kiss had at least 4 very good albums in the 80's and a good deal of success that didn't tarnish their 70's work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:14 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I think he should do one more album, something heavy and melodic, wether its solo or with Sabbath, then retire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:19 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ironface166 wrote:
I think you're right on several of those points. His solo studio output after "No More Tears" has been really awful (with the exception of maybe 2-3 songs per album). I just don't think Ozzy wants to retire, as he's said music is all he really knows. He doesn't like to sit at home for extended periods of time. Also believe Sharon has talked him into continuing his yearly Ozzfest tours (despite his obvious injuries and vocal diminshment), as he is the big draw and they do get paid large for it. Really wouldn't think he needs the money anymore, but then again some people in that family have extreme spending addictions. :lol: While Ozzy's voice can be made to sound good in the studio with all the technology, it is hard for him to pull off new and old stuff live these days. Heard Sharon say that Ozzy wouldn't be playing Ozzfest this year (but the festival would still go on and be called Ozzfest), but I think that changed recently too and he may be doing it again. We'll see. Heard he's still wanting to do that "Rasputin" play or movie.

Btw-I think Kiss had at least 4 very good albums in the 80's and a good deal of success that didn't tarnish their 70's work.

Good points Ironface. Ozzy in a pay/movie?!? Thats the first time Ive heard that. That'd be a nice career move. As for musics all he knows - theres plenty of stuff music wise he could be (or atleast he could probally do) - maybe produce (he has a rec. lable right?) guest star on cd's etc. The possibilities are endless (well almost).

As for kiss. Comparing 70's kiss to 80's kiss - there is no comparison. Lick It Up and Crazy Nights are the best out of the 80's ones 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:27 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

ibanez122 wrote:

Good points Ironface. Ozzy in a pay/movie?!? Thats the first time Ive heard that. That'd be a nice career move. As for musics all he knows - theres plenty of stuff music wise he could be (or atleast he could probally do) - maybe produce (he has a rec. lable right?) guest star on cd's etc. The possibilities are endless (well almost).

As for kiss. Comparing 70's kiss to 80's kiss - there is no comparison. Lick It Up and Crazy Nights are the best out of the 80's ones 8)

I think it is a musical production of Rasputin Ozzy has been talking about playing the lead in. As for other musical options, they're limited except teh occassional guest vocal. His record label tanked a long time ago and producing is something that he doesn't have experience or mental capacity for at this point. :lol:

As for Kiss in the 80's the best were "Creatures Of The Night", "Lick It Up", "Animalize" and "Asylum". After that, it got really silly (though "Revenge" rocked, but that was the 90's.) I try not to count "Unmasked" and "Music From The Elder" as being 80's, but I guess I gotta. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:30 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ironface166 wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:

I think it is a musical production of Rasputin Ozzy has been talking about playing the lead in. As for other musical options, they're limited except teh occassional guest vocal. His record label tanked a long time ago and producing is something that he doesn't have experience or mental capacity for at this point. :lol:

As for Kiss in the 80's the best were "Creatures Of The Night", "Lick It Up", "Animalize" and "Asylum". After that, it got really silly (though "Revenge" rocked, but that was the 90's.) I try not to count "Unmasked" and "Music From The Elder" as being 80's, but I guess I gotta. :lol:

Thats cool if he wasnt to do a musical production of something - nice after metal career there! :D

Man, I almost forgot Creatures.... Eric Carr smokes on that album. The Elders and ok cd, kind of cheesey (The Oath rocks though!) - Unmasked - Aces songs are good (love Torpedo Girl) and add Naked City on their too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:00 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

As much as I love Ozzy's MUSIC, I do not like him personally.

#1) Messed with Randy.

#2) I hate $haron.

#3) Messed with Iron Maiden.

#4) Cancelled Salt Lake City's Ozzfest.

Yes, that old geezer should retire. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:50 am 
BANNED

well no one has any real say over whether ozzy should retire, including him. hes been a puppet for who knows how long, so as long as sharon needs a new facelift or new shoes, he's going to put out another album and tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:47 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:20 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

actually, i think Sharon has cleverly guided Oz more toward being a successful "celebrity". Musically, quiite obvious the writings on the wall. Me , i think No More Tears was the last decent thing hes put out. Since then it seems , all his songs seem to jussst drrraagggg alonnnggg. all sounds the same.

Post subject: fgjurterbhbjkkg
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:01 pm 
BANNED

If Ozzy was to put out one more album I think he needs a 100% new band. He would then get a whole new sound, I get bored with Zakk's sound but with a new young set of musicians we might get to here something different and fresh.
Maybe that and even one last Sabbath studio album and he could retire with real dignity. He has a track record of being part of some of rock musics most historic songs, as well as being one of rock musics pioneers. Love him or loath him he has been there for a long time and done something most of us would die for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:47 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

One last Sabbath album would be great. Hopefully they'd record Scary Dreams on it if they did an album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:51 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

He should have stopped after No More Tears with whatever dignity he had left.

Music I Live By

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:11 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Yes. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:45 pm 
BANNED

Yes, Ozzy should of retired after he released No More Tears, or maybe after he did Live & Loud. That being his last concert. Since then, his name has sunk down in my opinion to a low level, he only experienced probably early on in his career. Albums like Down to Earth, Under Cover and Ozzmosis sealed his fate for me. He has had a fantastic career, made some of the best music ever, been with the greatest guitarist imaginable. Captured the hearts and souls of many. Maybe its time for him to put the candle wick out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:57 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

skyblue wrote:

#1) Messed with Randy.

#2) I hate $haron.

For all accounts it wasn't ozzy, it was:

#1 $haron

#2 $haron

#3 $haron

#4 $haron

Ozzy has been in much worse conditions both physically and mentally during a gig than his recent 'flu-like' symptoms in the past 2 years of ozzfest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:20 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

He might not need to. I think Ozzy and Randy will be doing a reunion tour soon. Oh that's right we're talking about Ozzy the elevator's going the wrong way :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:57 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ironface166 wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:

Yeah....Unmasked blew except for the Ace songs. The Elder had a few decent songs (Mr. Blackwell?...UGH) Didn't care for the rest of the 80's after Lick It Up. Loved Revenge. At least Kiss, while I think are washed up, still play their older material decent. Ozzy can't sing anything all that good & his band is detuned a whole step. Ozzy should just stick to the studio & do an occasional show here and there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:36 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

I can see Ozzy doing a Las Vegas gig. Performing without having to tour would be good for him. He could have the same stage, lighting, air quality, geritol, etc... and then be in his own bed every night. lol We could fly in to see him perform. :)

(ala Celine Dion)

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:36 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Larz wrote:
I can see Ozzy doing a Las Vegas gig. Performing without having to tour would be good for him. He could have the same stage, lighting, air quality, geritol, etc... and then be in his own bed every night. lol We could fly in to see him perform. :)

(ala Celine Dion)

:)

Oh I can hear the announcment for it now:

Announcer: "Tonight ladies and gentlemen, we have Ozzy Osbourne performing in the Tiki Lounge on the third floor. Be sure to check him and all our fabulous performers playing all this month in the 'Tiki Lounge' "

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:28 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Like on the Simpsons:

Tonight:

A Tribute to the Moody Blues

Opening:
The Moody Blues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:13 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Myka316 wrote:
skyblue wrote:

#1) Messed with Randy.

#2) I hate $haron.

For all accounts it wasn't ozzy, it was:

#1 $haron

#2 $haron

#3 $haron

#4 $haron

Ozzy has been in much worse conditions both physically and mentally during a gig than his recent 'flu-like' symptoms in the past 2 years of ozzfest.

I TOTALLY AGREE. :evil:

$haron will pay someday. If I'm ever within twenty feet of her, all those Tae-Bo videos will finally come in handy. :evil:

And Alex- NO. Three times?! That's just sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:30 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Ozzy is a joke onstage nowadays. I hear that he walked out of the stage because his voice cracked during "Dirty Women"

*awaits Ironface to prove him terribly wrong*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:32 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

blackfaded wrote:
Ozzy is a joke onstage nowadays. I hear that he walked out of the stage because his voice cracked during "Dirty Women"

*awaits Ironface to prove him terribly wrong*

Not this time. :lol: I think I heard something about that on last years' Ozzfest too. Think that was around the time of his flu or whatever he caught.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:52 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

hmmm.....I think Ozzy should post and tell us :lol: :lol: .

Well I don't want him to retire yet because I would like to go to one of his shows first,and even then I wouldn't want him to.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:06 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

In a word... absolutely.

Follis wrote:
Like on the Simpsons:
Tonight:
A Tribute to the Moody Blues

Opening:
The Moody Blues

ROFL!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:14 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

randyrhoadsfan1 wrote:

Well I don't want him to retire yet because I would like to go to one of his shows first,and even then I wouldn't want him to.... :D

Dude, they guys hardly been able to do a show the past few years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:22 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
randyrhoadsfan1 wrote:

Dude, they guys hardly been able to do a show the past few years.

.......AND...would you see him perform if you had the chance?I know I would,even if he screwed up alot,I would just like to see him live before he retired.