It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Who was he?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:44 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

The midget that was in pictures and videos from shows during the Diary Of A Madman tour? And was he also involved with earlier tours or something?

A long time ago, I got a copy of a guitar legends magazine that was all about Ozzy's many guitarists and such, and it had a comment/quote from Ozzy saying something like the midgets name was John, I think. Also he thought he was dead...? I can't find this magazine at the moment, and that's all off the top of my mind and really vague....

Only thing I can find now with google though is a page or two that mentions him being referred to as Ronnie (.... Ronnie James Dio? sort of makes sense, because the last I remembered Ozzy hated Dio back in the day.... I just recently watched the Speak of the Devil DVD again and noticed Ozzy announcing the guy before (or during) the Goodbye To Romance performance, where they hung him above the drum riser).

He was also running around the stage throughout the show though.

And there was also a page mentioning that Black Sabbath hired a midget for touring (when Ozzy was still in the band) and he annoyed Ozzy enough that when they were loading up into the bus at some point, Ozzy threw him in the luggage compartment...?

Anyway, does anyone know of any info on the guy? I just think it's odd that there's hardly any info out there regarding him, and I do hate referring to him as "the midget" any time I think of or talk about him, and I don't want to sound offensive or anything....

Edit- http://www.gigwise.com/news/6041/contact.php?message=report+comment+id+100 -There's the page that mentions the Black Sabbath touring midget...

Post subject: Re: Who was he?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:52 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

The man's name was John Edward Allen and he was referred to as "Little John Allen" during his tenure with Ozzy for the "Diary of a Madman" tour. He was also nicknamed "Ronnie" by Ozzy during the show as Ozzy's way of mocking Ronnie James Dio after he replaced Ozzy in Black Sabbath. He was brought in by Sharon to make the Diary stage show as theatrical as possible. John was an actor and had appeared in stuff like the TV series "Buck Rogers In the 25th Century" and the movie "Blade Runner" with Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer, as well as other appearances through the 80's and 90's. He passed away in 1999.