It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Black Sabbath "Reunion"
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:36 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I assume you've all heard the big news, and there's a ticking timer on the Black Sabbath website. Reunion Tour? Album? thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Black Sabbath "Reunion"
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:48 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

http://blacksabbath.com/ ...... official now

Why make the announcement now when the album is still nearly a year off being released *? .....hopefully they are going to do an "in the studio" type thing while recording it

also why was the press conference not streamed LIVE on line :?: ....even now 4 hrs after there is no footage from it +) ....weird.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:28 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

I saw a bunch of footage from the press confrence yesterday, it just wasn't immediete.

Ah, not sure how excited I am about this. Don't get me wrong, the original Sabbath is one of my favorite bands of all time and I've seen the reunited Sabbath about 8 times (Ward included) in the last 14 years, it's just......I don't know. They recorded those two new tracks together for the "Reunion" (the first one! :lol: ) CD and those songs were pretty unmemorable and I've heard them all say they had been trying and trying to do an album together for years and the material just wasn't good enough. Maybe they just needed to get some space and start fresh and so it wasn't so forced. I love the stuff Iommi and Butler did with Heaven and Hell, so there was no problem coming up with good music, just getting some good melodies and stuff from Ozzy was the problem. Bill Ward I worry about though. Not sure if he can handle the recording and touring as he's had quite a bit of health issues and he ain't getting any younger. We'll see though and hopefully get another classic Sabbath album out of it. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:58 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

In the last two days, we were so graciously given more drama by both sides. Bill states that the contract does not fullfill him enough and will not go any further till a new contract is written, and the rest state that they will contine to record/tour without bi if nessesary.
Well......No Bill, No reunion as far as im concerned, im pissed off about it big time !!
Im not going to see a fill in drummer even if it is Vinny Appice whom I respect and would imo be the obvious replacement. friggen bullsh*t !!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:53 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

rrguitar wrote:
In the last two days, we were so graciously given more drama by both sides. Bill states that the contract does not fullfill him enough and will not go any further till a new contract is written, and the rest state that they will contine to record/tour without bi if nessesary.
Well......No Bill, No reunion as far as im concerned, im pissed off about it big time !!
Im not going to see a fill in drummer even if it is Vinny Appice whom I respect and would imo be the obvious replacement. friggen bullsh*t !!!

Aaarrrgggg. :roll: This is such a pisser now as you would have thought that BEFORE they held that press conference announcement of the reunion that maybe, just maybe Bill would have had all this ironed out in advance with a manager or adviser. However, it reeks of Bob Daisley-ish proportions as far as Bill writing/rehearsing "in good faith" and trusting whoever is in charge of all this management-wise. :roll:
Diaaspointed in Bill and the rest of the guys. In 1997 when they toured as a "Reunion" but had Mike Bordin in there playing, Bill said then that he wasn't even approached. However after the HUGE outcry from the fans and press they finally fixed that and got Bill back in his spot for the next few years aside from when he had some heart problems and Vinny was in the wings every night. This is turning into a cruel joke now with the way this is panning out. Bill needs to be in there one more time or it ain't the reunion they claimed it to be. One thing though Bill, if ya do get things ironed out and do the tour, please, please keep your shirt on this time!!!! *LOL*LOL*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:19 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

That's what I dont understand either.. The first thing he should have done was to make sure the guidelines were set correctly, if he felt so strongly about it all these years, why didn't he straighten it out before waiting 3 months to say it now ?? Since November, fans around the world supported this whole thing and now this is what we get ? Is he saying that until three days ago, there was no contract ???? Then why the f**k agree back in November? f**k you Bill, Sharon, Ozzy and whoever is killing this !!!!!

They don't give a f**k about the fans because if they did then they would suck it up and give us the respect we deserve... of course we are going to buy the new album and not for nothing, their lucky anyone gives a f**k about em still !!!

Well, I know what they will not get... my $100.00 ticket and $55.00 tour shirt... but they don't give a sh*t cause they'll get it from millions of other people anyway.

I just finished Iommi's book a few days before Christmas and was so psyched for this tour/album. Now I am disgusted and I feel betrayred, I really do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:12 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Don't know how reliable the source is but I just heard that Bill Ward has been fired from Sabbath by Sharon and that his replacement will be Tommy Clueftos from Ozzy's band. :shock: :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:43 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

What is it with everything the O's have a hand in that never gets done.
First we didn't get the Doc on Randy then none of Bob Daisley's tracks make it to the boxset,and now the Sabbath reunion gets messed up wtf! I know it's better to get something then nothing but always a disappointment along the way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:07 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ironface166 wrote:
Don't know how reliable the source is but I just heard that Bill Ward has been fired from Sabbath by Sharon and that his replacement will be Tommy Clueftos from Ozzy's band. :shock: :evil:

Your shittin me ??? god damm son of a bitch piece of crap selfish asshole mother f***er she is.

I really hope its not true.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:48 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Looks like that talk (rumor or not) has made it's way around the world. Here's the latest:

According to The Pulse Of Radio, a source has told MetalTalk.net that the three remaining original members of BLACK SABBATH have recruited Tommy Clufetos, who plays drums in singer Ozzy Osbourne's solo band, to sit behind the SABBATH kit for the foreseeable future. The source added that manager Sharon Osbourne has effectively "fired" founding drummer Bill Ward, who announced last week that he could not participate in the recording sessions or tour plans due to his unhappiness with the contract he was offered.

Ozzy, guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler responded to Ward's February 2 statement by saying, "We have no choice but to continue recording without him although our door is always open."

The absence of Ward effectively prevents this from being the full-blown regrouping of the original SABBATH lineup that was first envisioned last year.

A number of SABBATH fans have rallied around Ward and have launched a new Facebook page dubbed "1,000,000 Black Sabbath Fans Say Yes To Bill Ward".

Ward said in his statement that he could not participate in the reunion, which was announced last November, unless presented with what he described as a "fair agreement" and a "signable contract" that financially reflected his contributions to SABBATH's history and his standing as a founding member of the band.

The recording sessions for what was meant to be the original band's first new album in 33 years were recently moved to London so that Iommi, who is undergoing treatment for cancer, could be close to his doctors.

SABBATH is scheduled to release its new album later this year and is confirmed to play the U.K.'s Download festival in June. All other tour plans, however, are up in the air pending Iommi's ability to overcome his illness.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:34 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

This whole thing is crashing and burning in front of us. Maybe it simply isn't meant to be. The important thing is Tony's health, whether the album/tour materializes really has no bearing of any importance compared to his health scare. I would take a healthy Tony Iommi with no album/tour any day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:56 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

I kind of wondered how the Sharon thing could even be possible (firing Bill) and here is a clear up on that. Bottom line though is I bet the Tommy Cluefetos part is true and they are not gonna negotiate anytime soon. :roll:

SHARON OSBOURNE: 'I Am Not In Any Position To Hire Or Fire Anyone In BLACK SABBATH' - Feb. 8, 2012

Sharon Osbourne, the wife/manager of BLACK SABBATH singer Ozzy Osbourne, has shot down Internet rumors that she has effectively "fired" founding SABBATH drummer Bill Ward, who announced last week that he could not participate in the band's recording sessions or tour plans due to his unhappiness with the contract he was offered. Writing on Twitter, she said, "I am not in any position to hire or fire anyone in BLACK SABBATH. I don't manage the band, I manage my husband."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:31 pm 

Very frustrating. :( It's not a true reunion without Bill.....

This has dampened my enthusiasm for the supposed Sabbath album and tour.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:03 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

IMO they need to postpone this thing until a). Tony gets well and b). They sort things out with Bill. As everyone is saying, it is not a "reunion" without the four original members and even Ozzy said last year that he would only do it if it was the original four. I know they have already booked a gig at Download later this year but they have to cancel that if things aren't right before that time. Hell, they pulled out of the Heavy Metal Holocaust in 1981 at the last minute, so they can do it again if sh*t ain't right, which it isn't. I thinj they are already counting the money they would lose instead of thinking of the real concerns here-Tony's health and Bill's spot. :evil: I would not be happy to see Tommy Clueftos, Mike Bordin or even Vinny Appice up there with Ozzy, Tony and Geezer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:06 pm 

You hit the nail on the head, Ant -- they've seen the dollar signs and their greed won't let them back down now. I'd much rather a healthy Tommy and the FULL original lineup than some cobbled together group just cashing in on the fans.

Reminds me of a certain quartet from NY who did a farewell tour a decade ago then came back with imposters wearing the makeup of the original members so they wouldn't have to pay the original members...