It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Did Ozzy ever do Sabbath Bloody Sabbaths last couple ...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

verses live? I cannot seem to find anything even in the black sabbath days where he sings those last two verses. I have not listened Sabbath in years and I had forgotten how great of a range Ozzy had back then. Those last two verses are the highest i have ever heard him on tape and his voice sounds nowhere near being stressed.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Did Ozzy ever do Sabbath Bloody Sabbaths last couple ...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:12 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Shockwave wrote:
verses live? I cannot seem to find anything even in the black sabbath days where he sings those last two verses. I have not listened Sabbath in years and I had forgotten how great of a range Ozzy had back then. Those last two verses are the highest i have ever heard him on tape and his voice sounds nowhere near being stressed.

Thanks

Not that I know of. If I remember correctly Ozzy has/had brought up in interviews about the down tuning during the sabbath days and the fact that he had to sing in a higher register... I took that as he wasnt to fond about it.

Im not fond of Ozzys vocals that part of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, but the riff that goes to that part is HEAVY. Master of Reality and Vol. 4 are metal masterpieces. Ozzys vox on tracks like Into The Void and Snowblind (2 of my fav sabbath songs) are pure awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:13 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Shockwave wrote:

Thanks

I always thought Ozzy's highest registers were on Sabotage. Megalomania, Thrhill Of It All, & The Writ are especially high.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:45 pm 

barkatozzz wrote:
Shockwave wrote:

Thanks

I always thought Ozzy's highest registers were on Sabotage. Megalomania, Thrhill Of It All, & The Writ are especially high.
Off-topic...but Sabotage is my favorite Sabbath album by far. Hadn't listened to it for a while, so thanks for the reminder.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:31 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Ozzy has to duck the high notes; too bad that´s his voice is bit gone by now...not that drinking and smoking has had helped at all...it´s not just his age, I think...