It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Let Me Hear You Scream Tour
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:13 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Saw Ozzy in Winnipeg last night, and he put on one of the best concerts I have seen in years...he was on for over 2 1/2 hours and never let up once. I wasn't too sure about Gus G when I heard the latest CD but the kid's got the chops and tons of stage presence, he definitely holds his own as Ozzy's latest guitarist. Here is the set list
Bark at the Moon
Let Me Hear You Scream
Mr Crowley
I Don't Know
Fairies Wear Boots
Suicide Solution
Road To Nowhere
War Pigs
Fire in the Sky
Shot in the Dark
Iron Man
Killer of Giants
NIB
I Don't Want to Change The World
Crazy Train
Mama I'm Coming Home
Into the Void
Flying High Again
Believer
No More Tears
Paranoid
The video montage at the start of the show was worth the price of admission alone, it was hillarious!

Post subject: Re: Let Me Hear You Scream Tour
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:18 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I Was There Too! I Agree It Was WAY Better Than 2007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:07 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

sounds good but I hope the rumors become reality and the summer of2011 brings us Priest and Sabbath summer tour together *r* *r* *r* *r*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:08 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Wow, that is one Hell of a set list. I'm actually stunned that Ozzy has added so many MORE songs to the set, as opposed to stripping it down some at this point in his career. I'd have thought his voice would be toast after just doing a set of this length once, but it's cool to hear that he's been able to pull it off. *r*

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:11 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Wow, three extra songs comparing to the September 2010 Moscow show:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13315&start=0

There were no NIB and No More Tears in Moscow.
Not a big deal for me, but there was no Believer, my favourite Ozzy song for all time.
I missed it much.

And I don't remember any video montage before the show. There was a Russian band playing before Ozzy, but no video at all.

Post subject: "Let Me Hear You Scream Tour" MN 1/12/2011
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:19 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Saw the Ozzman tonight. Simply fantastic! The only dissapointing factors, not enough tunes played from the new Scream album, real shame. But I gotta say, the boys made up for it by bringing in those two tunes from "The Ultimate Sin" and bringing in some more Sabbath numbers. (Fairies Wear Boots, War Pigs...Even Rat Salad during the "Band Jam") Not a single track from, "Down to Earth," "Diary of a Madman," "No Rest for the Wicked," "Ozzmosis," or "Black Rain." Which I personally would have loved to hear a tune or two, wont lie.

But the show/tour was and is def, a step up from the 2007 Black Rain Tour. Presentation, Vocal...simply preformance wise, it was all completely amazing. Ozzy's vocals kept up through out the night, a few moments (not just Ozzy) made it seem like it was a Ozz show from the 80's again. The simple stage setup (very much reminds me of the US Blizzard Shows). Even though "Slash" decided to drop the show, it was still a great show. Funniest part, Ozzy grabs for his foam gun, aims it at a Security Gaurd who was standing in a very serious stance, been acting like a pin the whole show, Ozzy hoses the guy down with the foam, and the gaurd just takes it now looking pissed. Then after, Ozzy grabs a bucket of water and decides to be "nice" and rinse him down, hahaha. The look on the gaurds face when from serious, to pissed, to seriously pissed, to "they-don't-pay-me-enough." HAHA.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:12 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

sounds to me like ozzy is re-ignited on this tour....maybe it has something to do with getting rid of zakk and having a fresh face onboard. I think scream is ozzy's best album since NMT (in fact I actually like it a bit more than that)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:58 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Oh yeah, I way noticed a difference at Ozzfest, and not to mention Gus seems to play things more "like it's written" , where as Zakk always had a knack for adding his own flavor to things. Both are stellar astronomical guitar players, I guess Ozzy got tired of all the chorus, wah wah, and false harmonics Zakk layers into everything.

I remember watching the induction video for Ozzy into some award show on VH1, and Zakk put 23 extra false harmonics into Bark at the Moon (I counted them) and it really changes the overall sound of the song, not to mention they played it all a step down.

I mean sh*t, Zakk can shred the solo note for note with a couple extra whammy bars hits, that's all fine and great, but when there's so many layered effects on his gear, it becomes wash of warbled / shredded notes. Zakk could do well to strip down his sound a little more, (maybe he'd still be in Ozzy's band if he had done so).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:25 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Glad to hear Ozzy's shows are still relevant! Gonna be seeing him at the sprint center in Kansas City on the 22 and can't wait!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:37 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Stuthedew0 wrote:
I mean sh*t, Zakk can shred the solo note for note with a couple extra whammy bars hits, that's all fine and great, but when there's so many layered effects on his gear, it becomes wash of warbled / shredded notes. Zakk could do well to strip down his sound a little more, (maybe he'd still be in Ozzy's band if he had done so).

It's been said (By Ozzy himself) that Zakk was kicked about because of his drinking problem. The original story about Zakk getting the boot because he sounded too "BLS" was BS.

Though, I'm happy he got a new guitarist. I like Zakk, but Ozzy definitely needed a new guitarist to freshen things up.