It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ozzy new single let me hear you scream listen to it below
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:21 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Hi all.
Below is a link to listen to ozzys new single ' let me hear you scream' with gus g. Quite a heavy riff. sounds good.
http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/04/15/ozzy-osbourne-let-me-hear-you-scream-new-song/

jas.

Post subject: Re: ozzy new single let me hear you scream listen to it below
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:06 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I've been listening to the new song "Let Me Hear You Scream" and hear are my first impressions. First of all, Where's the singing? Ozzy just yells throughout the song. The drums hit at a constant 'dance' beat like some type of Britany Spears song on steroids. It is somewhat reminescent of Zombie Stomp. The diminished chord that is arpeggiated in the intro is the most "common" interval in Ozzy's arsenal. Listen to Ozzy's albums and you will hear this interval used on every album. In some cases it occurs in at least 6 songs per album. The guitar tone is rather synthetic. Sure it's fat and tasty but doesn't have the edge of an overdriven amp. I feel like Will Farrell in Zoolander, "Is Everyone Taking Crazy Pills!!"

I don't hate this song, I just don't think it has the depth or staying power of a Crazy Train or Diary Of A Madman.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:45 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I really enjoy Let Me Hear You Scream. But what i really look forward to is hearing the album. The singles are usually my least favorite song. A lot of people of people have mentioned on other websites that Gus sound like Randy but I dont' hear that at all!!! i think he is a Carbon Copy of Zakk Wylde. And for the record there is nothing wrong with that. Thats Ozzy's sound

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:42 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I guess it will kinda grow on you if you listen to it enough. But it doesnt really do it for me. very new metal generic garage type stuff that has so so vocal melodies and sounds like it's mixed pretty weak with no punch. musically they're tight and the guitar playing is very good. Just really poor production in my opinion.

But hey, that's just my opinion for what it's worth. all 2 cents of it... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:51 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Who wrote the lyrics? The guitar solo sounds like yuck. I have every studio release from Ozzy except I didn't get Black Rain and from the sound of this single I sure won't be getting the new album. C'mon Oz time to get back to basics or hang up the mic. +)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:56 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Rhoads-fan wrote:
Who wrote the lyrics? The guitar solo sounds like yuck. I have every studio release from Ozzy except I didn't get Black Rain and from the sound of this single I sure won't be getting the new album. C'mon Oz time to get back to basics or hang up the mic. +)

Black Rain had some really good songs on that album. Granted, not every song was good like most of the other Ozzy albums but I think that it is a keeper of an album. I really like Trap Door. I think that song has some classic metal composition to it.

As to the new album, I will be buying it. WHy? Solely because it will be better than most anything else that is new that has come out in the past few years. Megadeth and Metallica (I was plesantly suprised on Death Magnetic) has some good releases. And I think Slashes new album has some promising things. I enjoyed Motley Crue's last album too. Outside of that I can't think of anything worth a spit IMO, that has come out in the past 5 years. Maybe I am just to cynical though.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:09 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Has anbody downloaded it yet?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:38 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Excellent question. Hey, Ozzy's material always has heart, even if it hits you over the head like a sledgehammer sometimes. :P

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:42 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

It's supposedly not released for download yet but if you go to piratesbay there's a torrent for it .

I hope the rest of the songs are better then this one. Guess we'll find out when they release them.