It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Seems Ozzy isn't good at firing people..
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:48 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

from Jake E. Lee himself in 1988:

Why did you quit Ozzy?

JAKE: Because he asked me to. He fired me. He's changing the story about it so much that I don't know. He told me basically that it was time for me to go on my own. The thing is, I found out about it through friends, and I called him up and he confirmed it.

read the whole interview here (not much on the case of Ozzy though)
http://www.jakeelee.com/html/modules/In ... ayRC88.htm

just find it odd that Ozzy doesn't know how to fire musicians....

Post subject: Re: Seems Ozzy isn't good at firing people..
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:59 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

God, I'e heard a couple reasons on how Jake got the boot. Never heard he quit on his own, even from himself. Sounds like Jake's own story has been inconsisnt.. Every report was that he got fired. Heard Sharon took him to dinner to fire him because he kept skipping and not showing up for rehearsals an told Phil Soussan that it was "his band".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:40 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

well from the little piece i took there, he did the same thing to Jake that he did to Zakk.... as in, Ozzy just started making the rumors and they found out through other means as opposed to from the man himself.

and the interview does help with Jake's story of how he was fired. and it was from 1988 so it's more likely to be true then other interviews afterwards.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:19 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

well when it came to jake,thank ozz he left because to me badlands was a great band
probably last band that was for real !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:24 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

CrypticNight wrote:
from Jake E. Lee himself in 1988

Why did you quit Ozzy?

JAKE wrote:
Because he asked me to.

Then in the next sentence:

JAKE wrote:
He fired me.

So did he quit or was he fired? :lol: Sounds like he was fired and then said he was forced to quit. Even the Jake interviews from 1989 when Badlands came out Jake said he was fired. Ozzy's reasons were always a bit clearer to the press and they were backed up by Phil Soussan and Randy Castillo. All said Jake was always late for practice or didn't even show up and said it was "his band". Also Ozzy said that when he would ask Jake's opinion on a vocal part Jake would just raise an eyebrow, shrug his shoulders and just walk away saying nothing. So, yeah, if I was the boss I wouldn't put up with that either. I see no reason why Phil and Randy would agree with those Ozzy claims if there wasn't some truth to them as they were both interviewed years after they left Ozzy.

I think the Ozzy/Jake relationship was pretty much maxed out for both parties, what with Ozzy's drinking and Jake's problems. Jake's first Badlands album was worth the split though, just too bad that it didn't break really big. Turned out Ray Gillen had problems with Jake too after two albums.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:43 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Turned out Ray Gillen had problems with Jake too after two albums.

lol then it might be Jake's fault :lol:

also, Jake said in the interview that he was always late for practice (even in his BATM days) i mean, i understand how that would get old fast but they were together for about 4 years, weren't they?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:03 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:57 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

CrypticNight wrote:
also, Jake said in the interview that he was always late for practice (even in his BATM days) i mean, i understand how that would get old fast but they were together for about 4 years, weren't they?

Yeah, 4 + years, 2 albums, 3 tours. Same ammounts as Ray Gillen was with Jake pretty much.

Alex wrote:
Hey Iron, speaking of people leaving, any idea Jason Newsted left Ozzy so shortly after joining back in 2003?

Jason signd a contract to play with Ozzy for his 2003 tour dates (Ozzfests) and it ended in December 2003. Jason was still a member of VoiVod and he was paying all the expenses for them so he went back to them full-time About a week or so after Blasko was recruited Ozzy had his quad bike accident.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:35 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND THEM BADLANDS ALBUMS? Jake is not quite as good as Randy but he IS awfully close. That or the second album he's on with Ozzy? I know all those are out of print.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:54 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I'm a HUGE fan of Jake and it's a shame that he didn't play on that many albums. It's a shame that there was never a proper live album either from that era. I still have The Ultimate Ozzy concert VHS from 1986 and a bootleg DVD copy of that as well as the Bark At The Moon show, though. Jake was a great performer on stage as well.

But as much as I would have liked another album with Jake and Ozzy, I loved the first 2 albums with Zakk who you could tell was hungry to make a name for himself and he really matured on No More Tears, which, to this day, is his best work and the last great Ozzy album. Plus Zakk, like Jake, had his own unique style.

Regarding Badlands, the first album isn't hard to get, but good luck finding their second album at a reasonable price.