It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy Looking For New Guitarist Again
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:39 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:47 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

demon wrote:
ive never heard this gus g guy. is he good? (i know he's obviusly good but you know what i mean)

He's good, I hope he does some song writing for Ozzy at some point. Check these out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N88sxuDS6B8&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-EIDTPg9xs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDO_IaixvKU&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp2apxiC ... re=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68kRO4ql_LM&feature=fvst

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:43 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Alex wrote:
All in all, this sounds like a desperate attempt by Ozzy to revive his career. We've seen it happen before. Twice, even.

Alex wrote:
Who said anything about Randy or Jake? I am talking about the numerous times he tried to replace Zakk. Ozzmosis era. "Retirement sucks" tour. That's 1. Down to Earth, yet again "Zakk doesn't cut it", and he brings in a load of people to do the work. That's 2. Fast forward to 2009, and he needs "something new" again. That's 3.

FACTS (below): (I can pull the quotes from Zakk himself (and Ozzy) to prove it if you think I'm "speculating")

ironface166 wrote:
1). Ozzmosis/Retirement Sucks Era-Zakk forced Ozzy to replace him cause Zakk was hell-bent on getting the Guns n' Roses gig and wouldn't give Ozzy a straight answer. That wasn't a "You're not cutting it, you're fired" deal. And that was just for the Ozzmosis tour as Zakk was still a member of the band (along w/doing duty in Pride And Glory) for the recording, just couldn't make up his mind upon tour time. So Ozzy got a guitarist that wanted to tour and did that for the next 6 or so years along with Sabbath tours. No "gotta revive my career with a new guitarist" scheme there.

2). Down To Earth-Written (some songs) with the existing band at the time (Joe Holmes and the "new guys" Bordin/Truillo) and outside songwriters and recorded and toured by Zakk, who was itching to get back in the band after 6 or so years on his own. Ozzy didn't "bring in" new guys in the band, they were in his touring band for 6 years. :lol: Don't see a "Revive my career with new/old guitarist" scheme there either.

3). Oh yeah, he tried in what 2005-2006 when he asked for audition tapes and then went back to Zakk because he didn't find anybody he thought measured up.

4). Fast forwarded 2009. Ozzy is looking for a new "new" guitarist for the reasons he gave in his statement. Big deal.

Alex wrote:
You can twist it all you want, but it's pretty damn obvious to me. It's an attempt at bringing back something old.

Me twisting again huh? So is Ozzy trying to bring back something old or new? You can't seem to make up your mind. Is Gus new sound or old sound? Ever hear Firewind? Is Zakk new or old? If he brought back Zakk with his modern sound would that be new sound-old guy or old guy-new sound? :lol:

Alex wrote:
Thing is though, Zakk isn't the problem - Ozzy himself is.

And the problem with Ozzy himself is what again? *? (Identify as "fact" or "Alex's speculation")

Alex wrote:
I am not going to get into facts or opinions with you, as you are the know-it-all, hence the stick, and those events could be interpreted either way.

Seems like all you've given is your opinion with no facts (ie-"Ozzy is the problem"), yet no word on what events could be interpretted either way.

Alex wrote:
Nothing is definite, Anthony. To claim anything else is absurd.

A straight answer from you is definitely not definite. :lol: However, I recall making THIS statement way back a few pages back though regarding speculation on Gus replacing Zakk at the Blizz-Con or on a permanent basis:

ironface166 wrote:
The key words though are still "However, it should be noted that this information has not yet been corroborated by anyone in the Osbourne camp and should be treated as a rumor only."

Good enough? Now it HAS been confirmed by the Osbourne camp that Gus is playing the gig at Blizz-Con with Ozzy and Zakk will not be playing with Ozzy for this event. Is that "definite" enough or is that absurd to you? Next conversation.

Alex wrote:
Other than that I think it was dealt with poorly, and I personally wouldn't travel to see the new lineup, I have no problems with it. I welcome the change. Why would I loose sleep over something that doesn't affect me in real life?

I have not said it was not dealt with poorly by Ozzy and I think that he at least should have given Zakk a call before making those statements to the press. I am not going to hold it against the band though and not go see them (unless I see a bunch of youtube clips showing the potentially new band sounding like crap. :lol: ) I know you are a big Zakk fan and it sounds to me (speculation, of course) that you are unhappy with the Zakk situation (the dealing with) and are now content to bash Ozzy and blame this on him (like you did a few quotes up) for wanting to try out a new guitarist. Never said you'd lose sleep over it cause God knows I won't. :lol:

Alex wrote:
I am saying that the reasons are not definite, even more so when looking at that announcement above. Surely you can see that?

Finally a sort of straight answer but way too late in the conversation. :lol: Now are you talking about Ozzy's reasons for wanting to try a new guitarist (which I thought were pretty clear in his original statement)? I interpretted it as he wants a new sound and he thought "Black Rain" was too BLS-sounding. No he didn't come out and say "Zakk, you're embarrassing me with your drinking" or "I'm sick to death of the pinch harmonics" and unless he ever comes out and says that I think we have to accept the reason he gave. I can't explain the more recent announcemnet as I said earlier other than to speculate that the Ozzy camp is trying to cover their asses just in case things don't work out with another guitarist and they try to persuade Zakk to stay on (which I think he has more pride to do than go back after the way sh*t was handled). But I could be wrong on that. (See, I admitted I could be wrong on something! Happy? :P ) But anyway, until I see an official statement from the O's camp saying "Gus G is now the new guitar player in Ozzy's band" (not just for a one-off gig) then I don't see THAT as a definite deal.

Alex wrote:
Quote:
PLEASE, PLEASE draw a parrallel and explain what one has to do with the other

I brought that up to show you that Anthony is never wrong. Expert subject or not, your way is the way, and you'll twist it until it suits you. My "Uh, no" quote refers to your definition of these events and Ozzy's career, i.e. you twisting words until you are right again.

Ahhhh, the ol' "Iron knows everything and is never wrong" scenario that is usually used only when somebody can't give straight answers after I give them facts and detailed info. I love it. :lol: Once again, I ask you to show me where I have "twisted words" to make myself right again and I'll happily untwist them for you and break them down into bite-size portions so you can digest them easier. Actually, never mind because I know you cannot untwist words that have not been twisted to make me look right again when I was never wrong in the first place. :lol:

Alex wrote:
Lets see you twist this into saying that I don't feel the way I do, that the reasons indeed are definite even though they aren't, and that you can be wrong, which, ironically, would mean that you're implying that I am wrong, which would make you right again! :lol:

*LOL*LOL* I don't have to twist anything to prove that you feel the way you do. I KNOW it. :P Just doesn't make ya right. What do you want from Ozzy? A lie detector test to prove that the reason he gave for wanting a new guitarist are "true" and "definite"? :lol: And as for the last part, yes, I can be wrong (rarely happens though) but that doesn't imply that you are right because I'm right again! :lol: (WTF? :lol: :wink: )

Okay, enough for now, I have a Judas Priest show tonight and a Heaven And Hell gig tomorrow to occupy myself with. *r* Peace out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:00 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:38 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Alex wrote:
Since you yourself realised that there is more than one possible reason for things panning out like they did, I won't respond to the first parts of your post. I'll just say this, don't confuse untruths with lies. There are several layers of distortion. Contractual reasons, wanting to avoid drama, Sharon, etc. In return, nothing but the fact that Gus G is playing in a couple of hours is definite.

Well as I said earlier in this thread, I am aware that the Gus G thing is not a done deal due to contractual obligations, contracts, etc and I don't take it as gold until I see a press release saying otherwise. . It's up there somewhere. :lol:
And until Ozzy says something else about why he wants a new guitarist, who can say what is untruth and what is lies? I'm aware of all this and like I said earlier and you just reiterated, the latest statement about Zakk being on BLS tour is something to cover the O's ass until they figure out what they wanna do. Hell, there's a nearly completed album of tunes in the can with ZAkk co-writes on it to deal with now so they need to figure that out before they jump to the next step. No argument there.

Alex wrote:
Quote:
So is Ozzy trying to bring back something old or new?

I was referring to his comment in that recent interview where he stated that he wanted someone who wasn't "over the top" and in return played better on the riffs. Zakk's playing the last couple of years has been more "chug, chug" type of riffs, whereas, lets say at No Rest for the Wicked or any previous albums, the riffs was much more distinguished. I believe this is what Ozzy is looking for. I suppose it's new in the sense that it's not what his albums sounds like right now, but old in the sense that it's what they used to sound like.

Ah, okay, thanks for the detailed response. I get what you meant now.

Alex wrote:
Have fun at the shows!

Thanks, I hope to. *r*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:13 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Ozzy with Gus, scroll down a little to see the video.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=125687

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:54 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

evoleye wrote:

and here's a little snipet of warpig's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZfgw9zClKk .....wtf gus is playing a LP shape guitar :evil: where the god damn star guitar :?:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:19 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

willow13 wrote:
evoleye wrote:

and here's a little snipet of warpig's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZfgw9zClKk .....wtf gus is playing a LP shape guitar :evil: where the god damn star guitar :?:

he is playing an ESP lp eclipse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:22 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

kevinkyle46542 wrote:
willow13 wrote:
wtf gus is playing a LP shape guitar :evil: where the god damn star guitar :?:

he is playing an ESP lp eclipse

I know, but he usually plays an ESP star guitar (ala chris holmes)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:30 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:34 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Watching...wish this dude would shut up and put Ozzy on already.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:43 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:47 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Oh man...nerd rock. Awful.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:22 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:24 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Haha, I'm sure Ozzy and co will make it worth it!

well maybe...hey I've nothing better to do :lol:

edit: wow, the dude said Ozzy's gunna do a full set?
I was thinking maybe 3 songs at most...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:52 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:59 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Yeah, Ozzy seems to have replaced Zakk with a Zakk wannabe :?

Gus seems to be playing more in that vein though, he's not normally so pinch happy from what I know of, I wanna see his takes on Crowley's solos, and if we'll hear Crazy Train without the pinches in the riff ever again.

edit: can you believe some of the comments in the live chat thing at the side? My God.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:51 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:54 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

It was worse than youtube comments, haha.

But yeah, that was cool to see Ozzy lift the kid like that.

Gus played a good set I guess, but absolutely didnt put his mark on any of the songs, I think he must have been given a live bootleg of Ozzy and Zakk to learn the songs or something, because he was using Zakk's fills, especially for I Don't Know. And went pinch crazy, I was hoping he'd do better tbh, but by no means bad, he absolutely has the chops to play those songs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:55 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

[quote="Mr.Coneman"Gus played a good set I guess, but absolutely didnt put his mark on any of the songs, I think he must have been given a live bootleg of Ozzy and Zakk to learn the songs or something, because he was using Zakk's fills, especially for I Don't Know. And went pinch crazy, I was hoping he'd do better tbh, but by no means bad, he absolutely has the chops to play those songs.[/quote]

that is bang on......I was hoping for a bit more from him to, i'm sure that if this turns into a more permanent gig then he will put more of his own stamp on things...it's a pretty tough gig for someone to walk into at relatively short notice and shine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:12 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:38 pm 

Alex wrote:

coolness! Thanks Alex 8)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:11 pm 

Look at the grin on that kid's face!!! *r* Ozzy just made his life!!! Reminds me of the footage of when the kid appeared on the Ellen show and Ozzy came out to see him at the end. The kid looked sooooo excited to be meeting his hero. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:34 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

haha, yeah, that was so cool. That little kid just absolutely loved it, so cool to see.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:53 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Gus played very well but he played Zakk's versions of songs. Since when has he ever used active pups? He should get rid of those Zakk sounding active pups and fast. Why not use his signature ESP with Floyd Rose? He usually doesn't use pich harmonics and they were all over the place - did Ozzy (well, Sauron) make him to play like Zakk?????

We'll see what happens, hopefully he is allowed to express himself more, otherwise it might as well be Zakk on stage spitting all over the place.

Sorry to sound a bit negative, Gus did a very good and solid job, he just didn't sound like himself at all. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:54 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

I wonder when Zakk will throw his two cents in about his replacement...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:59 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:22 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Nice dress and tights! :lol:

On the serious side, hope he makes a speedy recovery :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:00 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

what's the point of replacing Zakk with another Zakk??? ozzy??

Im sure sharon and ozzy are behind this sh*t

Gus not allowed to put his style

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:37 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

*LOL*LOL* Ozzy and Sharon are behind everything that Ozzy does obviously!

But no, I think Gus was just playing it safe for the first gig, he'll hopefully get his own mark on the songs eventually.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next