It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy Looking For New Guitarist Again
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:22 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Magazine cover looks really badly photoshopped :|

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:24 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:08 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Alex wrote:
Yep, it's a Photoshop. Good to see you again though, Mike! You lurker.

Hey Alex!
Yep, I've been lurking for a long time now.

Did some more checking and my earlier post does appear to be a photoshop.
I found it posted on a site that appeared at a quick glance to be legit. - The clicher that unfolded it for me was some sharp cookie on the Guitar World forums recognized the transcribed songs from being from a 2001 issue.

Anyway, when I saw it, the first group I thought of was all my old friends here at tk.
So although my heart was in the right place, but it appears I was a bit misled. - Sorry 'bout that.

All the best!
Now carry on! - nothing to see here . . . except my embarrassment! - haha! :lol: :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:52 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

I wonder who made that Dario fake :?

Seems a little weird for anyone to have made that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:49 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

mabye dario did??? *yay* *LOL*LOL*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:22 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

kevinkyle46542 wrote:
mabye dario did??? *yay* *LOL*LOL*

true! very good marrketing!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

welcome back mike

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:19 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

CliffDimeRandy wrote:
welcome back mike

Thanks bud! *r*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:15 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Mr.Coneman wrote:
Magazine cover looks really badly photoshopped :|

statement from Dario's myspace http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=30033175&blogId=504559385

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

This guy ROCKS !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgcm-82vOdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU16wTOqHi0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbpQIjBgMXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiqeLHMzWP4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPh-eEIxlyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kxs_3qRpa8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:26 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I would put a vote in for Randy Chambers too. I think he is a hell of a player. He does RR proud. You got any more videos of the tribute band. I would love to watch em all. I have seen quite a few and enjoyed them almost as much as the real 1980-1982 deal.

I heard Ozzy had some one picked out though. I know Ozzy is playing on the 21st of this month becuase of the Blizzcon convention. I don't think Zakk will be there. Any body have any other info on Ozzy's supposed new guitar player.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:32 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

dannyahansen wrote:
I would put a vote in for Randy Chambers too. I think he is a hell of a player. He does RR proud.

yes, a fine player indeed :)
but Ozzy has more than those 2 RR albums in his repertoire :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:11 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

this just in ...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=125635

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:44 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:03 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

MZA wrote:

The key words though are still "However, it should be noted that this information has not yet been corroborated by anyone in the Osbourne camp and should be treated as a rumor only."

I don't think the O's are gonna make an official statement until 1). They see how things go at Blizz Con 2). They sort out all the multiple management/contract issues that Gus is probably under with the bands he is still in.

Alex wrote:
All in all, this sounds like a desperate attempt by Ozzy to revive his career. We've seen it happen before. Twice, even.

Getting a new guitarist is a deperate attempt to revive a career? *? I'd say it's an attempt to try something new as he was tired of the old sound. He isn't the only one. It's his name on the albums, he's got that right. Though, I don't think Ozzy has much longer of a career as a touring artist (vocally) so I'd say getting the Ozzy gig will be a part-time job as usual.

As for Ozzy getting a new guitarist twice to "revive his career", obviously getting Randy was to start his solo career (and he needed a guitarist as his Sabbath career was over. :lol: ), Jake was brought in only because Randy died (and Ozzy's career wasn't sagging at that point-2 platinum albums) and Zakk was brought in after Jake was fired and Ozzy had again hit it big with the "Ultimate Sin" and was again riding high on the "Tribute" sales. So I don't think there were any desperate attempts there, just neccessity. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:15 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:47 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

i got this in my in box this morning and i thought it was cool .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwHpOFoN4kA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:35 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Alex wrote:
Who said anything about Randy or Jake? I am talking about the numerous times he tried to replace Zakk. Ozzmosis era. "Retirement sucks" tour. That's 1. Down to Earth, yet again "Zakk doesn't cut it", and he brings in a load of people to do the work. That's 2. Fast forward to 2009, and he needs "something new" again. That's 3.

Oh, those crappy Ozz eras. :lol: Let me break it down for ya cause he's "replaced" Zakk once (Zakk's own doing) and only tried twice.

1). Ozzmosis/Retirement Sucks Era-Zakk forced Ozzy to replace him cause Zakk was hell-bent on getting the Guns n' Roses gig and wouldn't give Ozzy a straight answer. That wasn't a "You're not cutting it, you're fired" deal. And that was just for the Ozzmosis tour as Zakk was still a member of the band (along w/doing duty in Pride And Glory) for the recording, just couldn't make up his mind upon tour time. So Ozzy got a guitarist that wanted to tour and did that for the next 6 or so years along with Sabbath tours. No "gotta revive my career with a new guitarist" scheme there.

2). Down To Earth-Written (some songs) with the existing band at the time (Joe Holmes and the "new guys" Bordin/Truillo) and outside songwriters and recorded and toured by Zakk, who was itching to get back in the band after 6 or so years on his own. Ozzy didn't "bring in" new guys in the band, they were in his touring band for 6 years. :lol: Don't see a "Revive my career with new/old guitarist" scheme there either.

3). Oh yeah, he tried in whatm 2005-2006 when he asked for audition tapes and then wenet back to Zakk because he didn't find anybody he thought measured up.

4). Fast forwarded 2009. Ozzy is looking for a new "new" guitarist for the reasons he gave in his statement. Big deal. He'd done all he could with Zakk and wanted some new sounds. Crime? Nah. Refreshing? Possibly. Desperate attempt? Nope.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:43 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:31 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Alex wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
He'd done all he could with Zakk and wanted some new sounds. Crime? Nah. Refreshing? Possibly. Desperate attempt? Nope.

You can twist it all you want, but it's pretty damn obvious to me. It's an attempt at bringing back something old. Thing is though, Zakk isn't the problem - Ozzy himself is.

You amuse me Alexis. What something old is he bringing back? It isn't Randy. He's looking for new blood. You're now saying I'm twisting stuff around when all I gave is reasons why Ozzy is looking for a new guitarist which is criminal to you. If Ozzy was the problem he'd replace himself wouldn't he? Poor baby.
Ya think maybe, just maybe Ozzy is getting tired of Zakk's drinking and escapades or tired of the pinch harmonics? Could be, but if not he's guilty of wanting a new guitarist. Shame.

Alex wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
Ozzy didn't "bring in" new guys in the band, they were in his touring band for 6 years. :lol: Don't see a "Revive my career with new/old guitarist" scheme there either.

Right, so he didn't bring in Dave Grohl, Dexter Holland etc to try and write Down to Earth, going for a modern sound? My bad!

We were talking about "bringing in a new guitarist to revive his career "bozo, not outside songwriters, which he has been using for YEARS. I don't think Dexter Holland or Dave Grohl played a note on any Ozzy record, much less toured. And this "modern sound" you refer to, didn't Zakk co-write almost all of "Black Rain" with Kevin Churko? Yep. Owned. You amuse when you try to change the subject and fall flat on your face.

Alex wrote:
Oh, and btw.

Pull it out!

Tsk, tsk, young child-getting all hot and defensive. Sure, just bend over and I'll put it right out for you.*LOL*LOL*
And while I'm helping you with that, I'll pull your head out of there too so you can hear better. :lol: Owned again. :P
I can't be having a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Now go spin "Ozzmosis" and "Down To Earth" till you pass out.

But ANYWAY, hopefully tomorrow or Sunday we'll get some reviews or video clips of the two gigs tonight and Saturday and hear how Gus G sounds. Can't say or not if he's the guy till I hear what he can do with some of the Randy and Zakk stuff onstage.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:48 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:34 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Alex wrote:
You either get it, or you refuse to get it.

I get the undisputed fact that Ozzy wants somebody new on guitar. I don't need to speculate-the man has said it.

Alex wrote:
I am not going to get into facts or opinions with you, as you are the know-it-all, ].

Good. The facts refuting your comments are not opinions, but facts.

Alex wrote:
and those events could be interpreted either way.

Vague, vague and vague. What events could be interpreted more than one way? Ozzy wants different guitarist-fact. Anything else I've explained above or will gladly "debate" for lack of a better word.

Alex wrote:
Deal with it.

I'm dealing with it just fine. I'm not bothered at all and am enjoying the way this whole new guitarist thing is playing out. You, on the other hand, are not having fun.

Alex wrote:
As for me supposedly changing subject, it's all one subject, isn't it? Ozzy's career.

Uh, no. We were not talking about how many albums Ozzy has sold or any other of the other multitude of aspects of his career. We were talking about a specific topic which revolved around him getting a new guitarist and suddenly it became about outside songwriters.

Anyway, I'll let it rest unless you choose otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:38 am 

Alright, guys, I didn't wanna have to do this, but it's time to bring out the ultimate peacemaker from the past .....

PUPPIES!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:51 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Okay Rick, you're really looking for trouble ain't ya? :P Nah, I gotta step back now as you've killed my buzz completely. :( :lol:

ANYWAY, so Alex, what do you think will happen with the drum slot now? Think Bordin will stay with FNM and/or continue to do double duty with Ozzy? (I don't know if FNM is back for another record or just touring at the moment)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:07 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

This just in from Ozzy's website and more official than the Randall website announcement:

It's Official: GUS G., TOMMY CLUFETOS To Perform With OZZY OSBOURNE At BLIZZCON - Aug. 21, 2009

OZZY OSBOURNE's official web site has been updated with the following announcement:

"Ozzy will be performing [on Saturday, August 22] at the Anaheim Convention Center [in Anaheim, California] as part of the closing ceremonies at BlizzCon '09. However, due to [longtime OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist] Zakk Wylde's current touring commitments with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and [longtime OZZY drummer] Mike Bordin's ongoing reunion tour with FAITH NO MORE, Ozzy will be playing with guitarist Gus G. [FIREWIND] and drummer Tommy Clufetos [ROB ZOMBIE, ALICE COOPER, TED NUGENT] for this special performance. They will be joining current Osbourne band members Rob 'Blasko' Nicholson (bass; ex-ROB ZOMBIE) and Adam Wakeman (keyboards).

"Ozzy loves the challenge of working with new musicians and is enjoying the sound and energy that this band has been producing in rehearsals this week.

The way they present it it sounds like Zakk wasn't doing the gig because of BLS touring. Now I remember ZAkk saying last month that he was set to do the August 21st Blizz-Conn with Ozzy, so I'd assume his BLS schedule was free, but now I see Zakk is in Washington state on the 21st. Hmmmm...Speculation anyone? :?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:19 am 

Hmmmmm .... sounds to me almost like Ozzy is hedging his bets and acting like this is a one-time gig so he can see how it all works out before making it permanent.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:43 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ive never heard this gus g guy. is he good? (i know he's obviusly good but you know what i mean)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:42 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:08 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

I LOVE THAT KID!!!!! *r*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:13 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Alex wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
Vague, vague and vague. What events could be interpreted more than one way? Ozzy wants different guitarist-fact. Anything else I've explained above or will gladly "debate" for lack of a better word.

Nothing is definite, Anthony. To claim anything else is absurd.

Okay, so you are saying that the audio of Ozzy saying he wants to try someody new is not real, it's a fake and it's not definite that he said it? :lol: I am claiming that he said it and half the rock world knows he said it. That's absurd? Gotcha. Again, if you're addressing another issue be specific.

Alex wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
You, on the other hand, are not having fun.

I am having a blast. What makes you think otherwise? ;)

Well it's obvious from some of your statements that you are a bit tiffed at the way Ozzy has gone about this with Zakk and now you choose to ignore the bottom line and everything is speculation and you are not enjoying how things are playing out in the Ozzy world and you can't stay on the topic. Sounds like a panic attack. :lol:

Alex wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
Uh, no.

Point in case, right there. Remember when you questioned the effects of Nordic summer/winter on the human psyche, just because you spent some time in Finland?

Hmmm, let's see....You have quoted me saying, "Uh, no" to which I was addressing your statement of "As for me supposedly changing subject, it's all one subject, isn't it? Ozzy's career." and now you have made those two words ("Uh, no") the basis of your "point in case" revolving around my comments about the effects of Nordic summer/winter on the human psyche because I had spent some time in Finland. *LOL*LOL* PLEASE, PLEASE draw a parrallel and explain what one has to do with the other or just say "I wanna change topics because I can't handle this one". :lol: (Give me the link to your "Nordic winter effect of the human psyche" thread so I can refresh my memory. I recall a bunch of my Finnish buddies thinking you were being quite dramatic, but that may have been another of your threads.)

Anyway, you'll have to be more detailed.

Alex wrote:
Anyway...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dahvFdmmR8

Video from the soundcheck yesterday. The lil' guy is having the time of his life. 8)

Very cool. Hopefully we'll see some clips of the show tonight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next