It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Ozzy Looking For New Guitarist Again
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:34 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Zakk Wylde Not Getting the Boot from the Ozzy Osbourne Camp
Friday, August 21, 2009

OZZY OSBOURNE’s official web site has been updated with the following announcement – an announcement which essentially denies that Zakk Wylde will be leaving the band permanently to be replaced by Gus G. Instead, the Greek guitarist will be taking to the stage for a one off performance at Blizzcon `09, and that’s it. No mas.

The full details are below:

“Ozzy will be performing at the Anaheim Convention Center [in Anaheim, California] as part of the closing ceremonies at BlizzCon ‘09. However, due to Zakk Wylde’s current touring commitments with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and Mike Bordin’s ongoing reunion tour with FAITH NO MORE, Ozzy will be playing with guitarist Gus G. and drummer Tommy Clufetos for this special performance. They will be joining current Osbourne band members Rob ‘Blasko’ Nicholson and Adam Wakeman.”
source: http://www.smnnews.com/2009/08/21/zakk- ... urne-camp/

http://www.ozzy.com/

Doesn't explicitly say Zakk still has his place as far as I see...but yeah, just the latest on the rumour mill.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:57 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

i wonder if Zakk knows he's still in the band lol

i can imagine it now, Ozzy at band practice wondering where Zakk is, Zakk's out doing his own thing under the impression that he was kicked out of the Ozzy band. Zakk never finds out he's back in the band because he never gets a phone call or anything

XD

it could happen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:23 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:12 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

wonder how zakk's doing in the hospital??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:45 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:10 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

not cool +)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:42 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Alex wrote:
What Crazy Train sounds like with John5. Very aggressive but true to Randy's version, imo. Thought it was interesting since he was in the "talks". Ozzy going into the wrong verse was pretty funny too.

That was way better than Gus' performance. I would say put John 5 in I enjoyed that version. He even did the really hi squeally bend thing that Randy does on tribute. No one does that but Randy. Thanks for the link.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:40 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

ironface166 wrote:
Dario Lorina-I think so. Young and bad-ass on the guitar, plus he has the look and stage presence to do the job. Bonus is he is a big Randy fan to boot!

That would be cool. I gig every Sunday with his cousin Richard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:58 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

dannyahansen wrote:
Alex wrote:
What Crazy Train sounds like with John5. Very aggressive but true to Randy's version, imo. Thought it was interesting since he was in the "talks". Ozzy going into the wrong verse was pretty funny too.

That was way better than Gus' performance. I would say put John 5 in I enjoyed that version. He even did the really hi squeally bend thing that Randy does on tribute. No one does that but Randy. Thanks for the link.

Wow, I agree. That sounded pretty good. :D Not bad at all. When was the date on this? Was this before all the hoopla with that Ozzy interview? :?

danno wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
Dario Lorina-I think so. Young and bad-ass on the guitar, plus he has the look and stage presence to do the job. Bonus is he is a big Randy fan to boot!

That would be cool. I gig every Sunday with his cousin Richard.

Yeah, I would have liked to hear something of him with Ozzy. He isn't gonna do it though as he's in tight in Lizzy Borden. Maybe Ozzy should do a series of gigs with different guitarists and then after hearing how they all sound in the live enviornment, pick one. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:14 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Mr.Coneman wrote:
Zakk Wylde Not Getting the Boot from the Ozzy Osbourne Camp
Friday, August 21, 2009

OZZY OSBOURNE’s official web site has been updated with the following announcement – an announcement which essentially denies that Zakk Wylde will be leaving the band permanently to be replaced by Gus G. Instead, the Greek guitarist will be taking to the stage for a one off performance at Blizzcon `09, and that’s it. No mas.

The full details are below:

“Ozzy will be performing at the Anaheim Convention Center [in Anaheim, California] as part of the closing ceremonies at BlizzCon ‘09. However, due to Zakk Wylde’s current touring commitments with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and Mike Bordin’s ongoing reunion tour with FAITH NO MORE, Ozzy will be playing with guitarist Gus G. and drummer Tommy Clufetos for this special performance. They will be joining current Osbourne band members Rob ‘Blasko’ Nicholson and Adam Wakeman.”
source: http://www.smnnews.com/2009/08/21/zakk- ... urne-camp/

http://www.ozzy.com/

Doesn't explicitly say Zakk still has his place as far as I see...but yeah, just the latest on the rumour mill.

someone said in another thread that gus g would be playing some shows on sunset strip and that contradicts with what was said on ozzys website. is zakk in or out?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:21 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:48 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Man I've never heard Paul Gilbert, but honestly kicking Zakk out is a mistake. Why? Because if Ozzy was more of a muso he could FORCE Zakk to sound different in the band by using LESS DISTORTION, DIFFERENT GUITAR SOLO SCALES, AND HIGHER PITCH TUNING. And also Ozzy should take singing lessons if he's not already to compensate for the utter loss of his voice. When I saw Sabbath he sang well on some stuff but went completely off key on other, like the lead notes he's supposed to sing on on Electric Funeral. If he wants something different, he should keep Zakk, AND hire another guy to play with Zakk. My first choice would be Jake E Lee, honestly, those two guys could SCREAM TOGETHER. Or Tony Iommi (even though Tony would NEVER take that gig.). Or Ritchie Blackmore or Kirk Hammet (whom also would never take that gig.). I've been wishing that Tony and Zakk would do a blues metal album together with Ozz and Zakk singing the blues and playing harmonica, and Geezer or someone just as good playing the bass, and a keyboard player.... aaaaaahhhhhhh. That would be awesome..... Think Led Zeppelin 1 only better but with pure blues metal and no folk.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:18 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Ozzy's new guitarist Gus G. is a sh*t hot guitar player. After Ozzy hired him i went and looked up some Firewind to try and get a feel for how he sounds. After listening i got really excited. his soloing style is much like Zakks but the as for his riffage..... Imagine No Rest For the Wicked mixed up with Bark At The Moon!!! I'm really looking forward to hearing what they put out. My question is this.... Zakk was helping Ozz work on the new album... so are some of these songs gonna be co-written with Zakk?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:07 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I was"t that impressed with Gus. We'll see what they turn out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:30 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Breck wrote:
I was"t that impressed with Gus. We'll see what they turn out.

I agree...at the moment he is just a zakk clone which sucks............I mean he is playing LP style guitars with ozzy, but with firewind he uses star guitars ala chris holmes.....GUS USE THE STAR WITH OZ BRO *r* *r* *r*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:54 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Just think about it, why Joe Holmes and Gus G. sounded pretty much like Zakk when they played with Ozzy?... I mean, it's very clear for me that Ozzy (Sharon) requested this way as mandatory requirement.
So, at the end of the day why they changed Zakk anyway?... I believe that John 5, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai and other talented guitarists wouldn't accept that condition in order to get the gig.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:04 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Like I said in another thread, Des plays the Randy Rhoads stuff better than any of Ozzy's guitarists aside from Randy. I'd love to see him play with Ozzy, he deserves it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7