It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: jake e lee new charvel guitars/back with ozzy???
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:31 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

there are rumors that charvel will do a run of signature jake guitars (like the demartini ones) and that he is doing a mini tour with ozzy.........I will believe it when I see it.... read here http://www.jakeelee.com/html/index.php? ... pic&t=1442

Post subject: Re: jake e lee new charvel guitars/back with ozzy???
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:29 am 

Can't see the story -- you have to be a registered member of that site to read the article. :?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:13 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Here's 2 posts from the guy who posted the info on jakeelee.com:

I spoke at length to a Charvel dealer who stated that the Warren DeMartini models would be phased out in the near future to be replaced by some Jake E Lee models. I was not told how many different models, nor what colors will be offered - simply that they are indeed coming. Knowing how slow Charvel works, it will probably be a year or more before the first ones emerge, but this should definitely be a good thing - almost as good as the GMW's that Lee is no longer allowed to make.

Here's something else to make you go "Hmmm!":
The Charvel Jake guitars are supposed to be released to coincide with Jake's return to the stage for a mini-tour with Ozzy. Figure 2009 Ozzfest-ish.

As much as i would love both the above to happen, i can't find anything at all on the 'net.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:43 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Jake touring with Ozzy seems unlikely :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:15 pm 

MZA wrote:
Jake touring with Ozzy seems unlikely :shock:

I agree, but then again I felt the same way about Van Halen touring again with DLR, or back in the late 90's at the thought of Kiss reuniting and putting the makeup back on. So I guess you just never know anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:53 am 

:-s I must say, that really would be intriguing. :D I love Zakk, but with as busy as he is these days with his own stuff and with the number of years he's been with Ozzy, it would be interesting to shake things up at least for a CD and/or tour and see if a fresh songwriting team would inspire Ozzy. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:47 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

I think, as unlikely as it sounds to happen, it would be interesting to see Jake try to tackle some of the Zakk stuff live like "No More Tears", "Mama I'm Coming Home", "I Don't Wanna Change the World", etc as those have been pretty much standards in the Ozzy set for the last 17 years or so. I think Zakk only had to play two Jake songs since he joined ("Bark At The Moon" and "Shot In The Dark") and that's been down to just one for awhile. Then again, like with the recent Van Halen/Roth tour, they could just stick to the period Jake played songs on and just do the BOO, DOAM, BATM, TUS and Sabbath stuff. Yeah, I'd be up for seeing that if Jake's chops are still up to what they were last time he was onstage with Ozzy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:57 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ironface166 wrote:
I think, as unlikely as it sounds to happen, it would be interesting to see Jake try to tackle some of the Zakk stuff live like "No More Tears", "Mama I'm Coming Home", "I Don't Wanna Change the World", etc as those have been pretty much standards in the Ozzy set for the last 17 years or so. I think Zakk only had to play two Jake songs since he joined ("Bark At The Moon" and "Shot In The Dark") and that's been down to just one for awhile. Then again, like with the recent Van Halen/Roth tour, they could just stick to the period Jake played songs on and just do the BOO, DOAM, BATM, TUS and Sabbath stuff. Yeah, I'd be up for seeing that if Jake's chops are still up to what they were last time he was onstage with Ozzy.

I'd definitely prefer to hear the Jake period stuff but, saying that, i don't care what was played as long as i got the chance to see Jake play with Ozzy :D

I didn't realise Zakk only ever played the 2 songs from Jake's period. I would've liked to have heard the likes of Killer of Giants & Centre of Eternity.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:47 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

oooh, Centre of Eternity 8)

i'd like to see Zakk nail that solo :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:19 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

:lol: zakk would butcher centre of eternity with his damn pinch harmonics.........if it happened and they only did up to jake era stuff I think ozzy would really struggle to sing those songs now and they wouldn't sound to great tuned down either....so can't see it happening

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:51 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

willow13 wrote:
:lol: zakk would butcher centre of eternity with his damn pinch harmonics.........

I really never liked Zakk's solos....that may be a shock to some of you, but to me he ruins his solos with way too many bends/harmonics combinations....he goes overkill with that crap.

I would LOVE to hear Jake play again. Randy was of course the best and my favorite, and no one except Jake filled the slot since Randy passed IMO!! I love Jake's playing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:59 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

willow13 wrote:
:lol: zakk would butcher centre of eternity with his damn pinch harmonics.........if it happened and they only did up to jake era stuff I think ozzy would really struggle to sing those songs now and they wouldn't sound to great tuned down either....so can't see it happening

Yeah BUT Jake DID butcher Randy's solos by putting his own "flavor" on them. Zakk played Jake's solos perfectly. As much as I like Jake's recordings with Ozzy, his live performances of Randy songs turned me off of him.