www.randyrhoads.tk
http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/

Which Ozzy's song ?
http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10165
Page 1 of 1

Author:  HugoLC [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Which Ozzy's song ?

I heard Zakk Wylde was angry that Dave Grhol wrote a song for Ozzy ...which one is it ?

Author:  Shawn [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

Never heard that before. Where did you hear that?

Author:  HugoLC [ Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

In an interview Zakk is piss off about this ...anyway hope somone knows what I'm talking about

There it is :

http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/bios/Wylde.shtml

"If I ever run into Dave Grohl I'm gonna kick his f*ckin' ass," Zakk fumes. "Because I think he sucks, and he wrote this cheese-dick song for Ozzy that I have to f*ckin' play on, and I'll never forgive him for that. Foo Fighters is a f*ckin' candy-ass girl band but you've got that mother-f*cker submitting songs [for the Ozzy album], and those douche bags from the Offspring submitting songs to. I mean, none of those guys could play a Randy Rhoads solo if they tried. Dave Grohl? F*ck Dave Grohl! Let him get up and play 'Mr. Crowley'; he can't f*ckin do it! And it's like, you're getting this guy to write songs for Ozzy? Just because he played Drums for Shitvana?"

Author:  Mr.McTaco [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

HugoLC wrote:
In an interview Zakk is piss off about this ...anyway hope somone knows what I'm talking about

There it is :

http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/bios/Wylde.shtml

"If I ever run into Dave Grohl I'm gonna kick his f*ckin' ass," Zakk fumes. "Because I think he sucks, and he wrote this cheese-dick song for Ozzy that I have to f*ckin' play on, and I'll never forgive him for that. Foo Fighters is a f*ckin' candy-ass girl band but you've got that mother-f*cker submitting songs [for the Ozzy album], and those douche bags from the Offspring submitting songs to. I mean, none of those guys could play a Randy Rhoads solo if they tried. Dave Grohl? F*ck Dave Grohl! Let him get up and play 'Mr. Crowley'; he can't f*ckin do it! And it's like, you're getting this guy to write songs for Ozzy? Just because he played Drums for Shitvana?"


Haha good point Zakk.

Author:  willow13 [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

it was songs for "down to earth" not sure which one's though

Author:  MZA [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

don't think those songs were released at all

Author:  Blacksmith\m/ [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

I Check The Album Booklet,He Has No Writing Credits (Dave) ,he's Just In The Thank Yous

Author:  Shawn [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

Blacksmith\m/ wrote:
I Check The Album Booklet,He Has No Writing Credits (Dave) ,he's Just In The Thank Yous


Obviously not a Thank You from Zakk tho :lol:

Author:  HugoLC [ Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

Yeah and all those songs sounds pretty Zakk Wylde you know ....maybe the You KNow part 1 haha

Author:  over_the_mountain86 [ Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

I'm pretty sure the Dave songs that he helped right were canned. because as mentioned before no song writing credits. I'm just guessing Zakk had a little say so in the matter. Shitvana is classic though. :lol:

Author:  Alex [ Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

xx123456

Author:  rickhawk80 [ Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

Those are some pretty obnoxious comments from Zakk. :? I love Zakk, but give credit where credit is due. Whether you like Nirvana and Foo Fighters or not, you've got to give Dave Grohl credit for being part of a major band in the 90s, then rebounding with another band with a different sound and succeeding again with his new band. I mean, the guy is selling out major arenas around the world with the Foo Fighters. Not many other artists can do that with the band they form after their first mega-popular band disbands....

Author:  willow13 [ Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

HugoLC wrote:
Yeah and all those songs sounds pretty Zakk Wylde you know ....maybe the You KNow part 1 haha


zakk didn't write anything from what I have read ( i think he changed a few riffs here and there)....if you look at the booklet it has all the writing credits and zakk isn't mention and neither is dave

Author:  rcknrllmn [ Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

Am I wrong, but hasn't Ozzy been accused of not properly giving credit to those who actually wrote & performed songs on his recordings anyway? Who would really know who contributed what anyway.

Author:  willow13 [ Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

rcknrllmn wrote:
Am I wrong, but hasn't Ozzy been accused of not properly giving credit to those who actually wrote & performed songs on his recordings anyway? Who would really know who contributed what anyway.


yeah he is known for that, but I have read an interview with zakk where he says he didn't help with the writing of down to earth (it was around the time joe holmes got the axe) but he did "zakkafi" some of the riffs

Author:  Blacksmith\m/ [ Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

rcknrllmn wrote:
Am I wrong, but hasn't Ozzy been accused of not properly giving credit to those who actually wrote & performed songs on his recordings anyway? Who would really know who contributed what anyway.

Umm....The Only Time I Recall Is When Rudy And Tommy Were Credited On DOAM ,And Not Crediting Bob And Lee On The 2 Songs Off Tribute...(GBTR,And No Bone Movies)

Author:  matt21randyrhoads [ Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

I remember hearin on here i believe that Bob Daisley wrote pretty much all of Suicide Solution and all Ozzy wrote was the first line and said stuff like "when i wrote that" or "when i was putting this together" and Bob was mad he didnt get credited for it
Blacksmith\m/ wrote:
rcknrllmn wrote:
Am I wrong, but hasn't Ozzy been accused of not properly giving credit to those who actually wrote & performed songs on his recordings anyway? Who would really know who contributed what anyway.

Umm....The Only Time I Recall Is When Rudy And Tommy Were Credited On DOAM ,And Not Crediting Bob And Lee On The 2 Songs Off Tribute...(GBTR,And No Bone Movies)

Author:  willow13 [ Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

and remember there was a time when they cut the ultimate sin from the catalogue so phil soussan didn't get any royaltise for writing "shot in the dark" +) and these are just the ones we know about

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Which Ozzy's song ?

You have to keep in mind there are publishing deals also that could keep a songwriting credit from not appearing on an album. Case in point, when "Bark At The Moon" originally came out the credits said all songs were credited to Ozzy Osbourne. No Bob Daisley, no Jake. Jake admitted he took a lump sum payment for playing on the album and gave up his songwriting credits on the music, which he wrote alot of on that album. Some of what we see in the credits is attributed to what we don't see when the bussiness end of the music is being negotiated behind the scenes.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/